Russian Anna Chapman, who was deported from the U.S. on charges of espionage, smiles as she prepares to display a fashion creation by I Love Fashion, France, during the Fall-Winter 2012 - 2013 collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Moscow, in this photo dated Thursday, March 22, 2012. Chapman was arrested in 2010 in USA on spying charges and was deported to Russia where she remains in the limelight. On Tuesday May 14, 2013, Russian security services announced they had detained a U.S. diplomat who they claim is a CIA official for allegedly trying to recruit a Russian agent. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)
- Local News
A story in Thursday's edition, "Woman takes cat nap in dog store," requires a correction. The incident occurred in a North Street laundromat next door to Kissable Paws, not in the pet salon. Kissable Paws does not have doors that lock automatically.
Carlton School 3rd Annual Earth Day Fest Photo Slideshow
The Carlton School in Salem hosted its 3rd Annual Earth Day Fest in the cafeteria on Thursday evening. In addition to crafts and games, Ward Two Councilor Heather Famico and Ward Six Councilor Beth Gerard served as two judges for a recycled art competition while Whole Foods Market and Mass Auduban set up table to share some information and tips on how to "stay green" with the students.
North Shore residents to run in 2014 Boston Marathon
The Salem News asked those on the North Shore who are running this year's Boston Marathon to share their reasons for running.
If you're running the marathon this year, it's not too late to share why you're running. Send a brief paragraph, a photo of yourself and a link to your fundraising site (if applicable) to Cheryl Richardson at email@example.com.
Bandits hit 2 Beverly banks over 2 days
BEVERLY -- Brazen robbers hit two Beverly banks in less than 24 hours. A man was arrested in connection with Tuesday's robbery, while the suspect in yesterday's incident remains at large, police said. It has been some time since this North Shore city
- Time to raise our game
- Marblehead temple to drop mandatory dues
- Hunters call for an end to Sunday ban
- Charter school embraces new space
- Schilling gives tip of the hat to Endicott College
- 39 years of walking for Haiti in Peabody
- GLSS awarded contract for The Ride
- Woman takes cat nap in laundromat
- Beverly police catch alleged bank robber
- Possible sites for garage revealed
- Serial drunken driver found guilty
- Beverly's Casa de Moda to close
- Superfund work about to begin
- Peabody to install long-awaited turf field this summer
- Peabody eyes five sites for liquor licenses
- One man, one voting place
- Police: Student arrested after report of knives at school
- Police: Man gives little information on attack
- Police: Beverly bank robbed
- New unit helps arrest burglary suspect
- North Shore News in Brief
- North Shore News in Brief