- Special Report
Back-to-school spending grows as parents restock, replenish
With more children entering elementary and middle school this fall and after cutting back their spending last year, parents with growing kids will hit the stores to replace and replenish what their children might have had to “make-do” with last school season.
As kids return to school, find ways to restore order at home
From bedrooms that resemble combat zones to dining rooms turned into impromptu playgrounds, the kids sure have made a mess of things over the summer. But their return to school is an opportunity to reclaim your home, plus add a few new décor touches for restoring the house -- and your lifestyle -- to sanity.
Simple tips for helping kids choose after-school snacks
Stopping at a convenience store on the way home or hanging out with friends, a child, the after-school eating machine, probably isn’t making the most healthful choices.
Battle back-to-school blues
Children of all ages have apprehensions about school, but they don’t have to. Dr. Michelle Kees, a psychiatrist with the University of Michigan Health System, offers her advice for keeping the school outlook as bright as a new pair of sneakers.
Officials: Human remains at Titanic shipwreck site
Human remains may be embedded in the mud of the North Atlantic where the New York-bound Titanic came to rest when it sank 100 years ago, a federal official said.
- Ticket to Titanic maiden voyage sold at NY auction
- Titanic was turning point in global news coverage
- INTERACTIVE: Go inside Titanic, test your knowledge
- Famous 'unsinkable' passenger remembered at museum
- Son recalls his mother's anguish over those not rescued
- SLIDESHOW: Cruises commemorate Titanic voyage
- Ships on opposite sides of ocean on Titanic trips
- Language was a barrier for immigrant on sinking Titanic
- INTERACTIVE: Titanic's salvaged artifacts to be sold
- 100 years later, Titanic-like disaster remains a risk
- Indiana cardsharp one of few men to escape Titanic
- Visitors drawn to town where Titanic's dead are buried
- Titanic replica sets sail ... in a pond
- Great-granddaughter: Trip was ill-fated from the start
- Titanic museums to mark anniversary of sinking
- Sisters break silence about family connection to Titanic
- Matriarch's survival story inspires Pa. family
- Belfast draws tourists to site where doomed ship was built
- Teacher takes cruise re-enacting Titanic voyage
- Epic Titanic film gets 3-D treatment
- Children drawn to Titanic tale; educators use caution
- TV specials revisit Titanic's final moments
- SLIDESHOW: New high-res images of Titanic wreckage
- Titanic's sinking began world's fascination with disasters
- Complete map of Titanic debris field provides new clues
- Back-to-school spending grows as parents restock, replenish