Video by Jim Vaiknoras/Staff photographer
Best Bets for Tuesday, June 18
Looking for something to do today? Here are The Salem News' Best Bets:
- Dear Abby: Jew striving for orthodox life wants fiance to support her :Dear Abby: I have been with my fiance for four years. He is 32, I'm 23. He is Catholic, and I am Jewish. When I met him, I wasn't particularly religious, but since planning a trip to Israel and after studying under a rabbi, I have become more religi
Best Bets for Monday, June 17
Looking for something to do today? Check out The Salem News' Best Bets.
- Dear Abby: Mom up to her ears in kids wants time alone :Dear Abby: My husband and I have five kids, all under 6 years of age. The youngest are 7-month-old twins. A family in our church has offered to watch them so my husband and I can go out on a date. We haven't been alone together in a year. We have no
Best Bets for Saturday, June 15 and Sunday, June 16
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out The Salem News' Best Bets.
- Dear Abby: Daughter living with boyfriend doesn’t get mother’s support :Dear Abby: I am 25, and my boyfriend and I have been together since high school. We have now decided to take our relationship to the next level by living together. When I brought up the idea to my mother a few months ago, she was against it. She sai
North Shore religion news in brief
Temple Sinai in Marblehead is accepting applications from local artists interested in exhibiting their artwork in the Temple's new exhibition space for the upcoming 2013-2014 season. There will be three six-week exhibits throughout the year, and show
- North Shore religion calendar Saturday, June 15 Spring Yard Sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 5 Ocean St., Beverly. Furniture, art, jewelry, gardening tools, kitchenware, and many items from grandmothers' and grandfathers' attics. Free parking. Rain or shine.
- How we can be better pet owners Pets are an important and cherished part of our family lives. After all, where else can a person find such unconditional love and affection as well as the scientifically proven emotional connection we call the human-animal bond? Yet, despite this pow
- Book takes a look at journalism's future If you're looking for the future of journalism, the New Haven Independent is a good place to start. That is the finding of media observer Dan Kennedy, whose new book "The Wired City: Reimagining Journalism and Civic Life in the Post-Newspaper Age" w
- More Lifestyle Headlines
- Best Bets for Tuesday, June 18