Save your appetite for the Vittori-Rocci Post’s Deluxe Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, May 26, from 8 to 11:30 a.m., at 143 Brimbal Ave. in Beverly. In addition to all-you-can-eat pancakes, the menu will include sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, baked beans, applesauce, plus coffee and tea. The cost is $4 for adults and $3 for children, and proceeds will be donated to the Peabody Marine Corps League and the Veteran’s Aid Fund. The venue is handicapped-accessible. For more information, call 978-922-7150.
- North Shore religion calendar Saturday, Dec. 21 Christmas Concert, 7:30 p.m., Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church, 88 Elliott St., Danvers. As part of the Christ the Redeemer's monthly Three Cords Coffeehouse series, the local trio Maeve will perform a Christmas Concert with an o
- North Shore religion news in brief Babies up to 6 months of age, along with mothers and caregivers, are invited to Baby Lounge for a morning of gentle movement with yoga instructor Ariela HaLevi and helpful hints for making Jewish ritual a part of a baby's life. Baby Lounge meets on T
- Dear Abby: Sister immersed in virtual world blocks out reality Dear Abby: My younger sister "Lainie" is 14. She has had a smartphone for about a year. While I don't belong to any social media sites, Lainie is a social media junkie. She never goes anywhere without her phone. Sometimes she'll have her phone in one
Best Bets for Saturday, Dec. 21 and Sunday, Dec. 22
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out The Salem News' Best Bets.
- Ideas for sharing the gift of gardening Last-minute gifts from last-minute gardeners (better late than never!): A handwritten note is a promise of a job you will do in the future. Great when the purse is getting empty -- but so valuable to the receiver! It could be a promise to weed a gard
- 10 parenting tips for inspiring an attitude of gratitude As we enter this holiday season and New Year, I think about how lucky we are to be living the life we have. I then wonder how I can teach my children to appreciate all they have and to be grateful every day. Studies have shown that people who are gra
- Swampscott library digitizes town reports There was once a superintendent of moth work in Swampscott, and thanks to a grant from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, you can read all about him at the Swampscott Public Library's website. In the town's annual report from 1917, Sup
- Quick pick Old-fashioned Christmas carols by candlelight Take time out from the hectic holiday preparations and head to Ipswich for an evening of Christmas Carols by Candlelight on Sunday at 7 p.m. St. John the Russian Orthodox Church invites the community to sing traditional Christmas carols, led by the p
- Dear Abby: Husband seeking compromise should give his wife a break Dear Abby: I have been married to my wife for a year and a half, and we have an infant child. I work while my wife stays home. My problem is she doesn't like me playing sports and hanging out with friends. I have tried to make concessions and cut dow
Best Bets for Friday, Dec. 20
Looking for something to do today? Here are The Salem News' Best Bets:
- More Lifestyle Headlines