PHOTO SLIDESHOW: B-I-N-G-O
Bingo isn't a new game | it dates back centuries | and its appeal has declined in recent years, but it still has its serious fans. There are enough that several venues around the North of Boston area hold games nearly every night of the week.
- Vet Connection: Veterinarians respond sharply to ‘20/20’ ‘expose’ What's the latest buzz in the veterinary profession? Well a couple of weeks ago the red flares went up warning that ABC's "20/20" would be doing a show on veterinarians. The general consensus was it wasn't going to be a happy fluff story and it wasn'
Best Bets for Friday, Dec. 13
Looking for something to do today? Here are The Salem News' Best Bets:
- Ask Dog Lady: After breakup, will dog adjust to two homes? Dear Dog Lady, My boyfriend of seven years and I have split up. We have an English bulldog, Bunco, together. The dog turned 2 in November. My "ex" put down the money to purchase Bunco so technically the dog is his. We have agreed to share him equally
- Book Notes: Author chronicles powder houses across New England Powder houses, where Colonial towns stored their supplies of gunpowder, were usually built far from the center of town. "The reason a lot of towns built powder houses on hilltops or out-of-the-way locations was so, in case they did blow up, they woul
- Quick Pick: Christmas with Dickens Celebrate Christmas Victorian-style with Jim Dalton and Maggi Smith-Dalton tomorrow, from 1 to 3 p.m., at the Peabody Institute Library, 15 Sylvan St., Danvers. Decked out in costumes, the husband-and-wife team will perform a Victorian Christmas musi
- Dear Abby: Teen determined to turn virtual romance into marriage Dear Abby: My 17-year-old daughter, "Erica," is planning to marry her 24-year-old boyfriend. I use the term "boyfriend" loosely because their relationship consists entirely of texting, talking on the phone and the Internet. There has been no dating o
The Japanese fashions on display in "Future Beauty" at the Peabody Essex Museum are more like explosions than clothes. A critic for the French newspaper Le Figaro described the designs of Rei Kawakubo, when they appeared on a Paris catwalk in March
- A Graceful celebration at Temple Sinai Temple Sinai in Marblehead is celebrating its 60th anniversary, but they aren't tooting their own horn. Instead, saxophone prodigy Grace Kelly will blow her horn at a concert and celebration at the temple this Saturday. Kelly, who grew up in Brookli
- The reader's eye Name: Peter Hallett Hometown: Hamilton Description: "While I was raking leaves, the soft pink/peach feathers in the bird bath caught my eye. Apparently a tufted titmouse had an aggressive wash and shed a few secondary feathers. The contrast with the
Good Cause: Photos with Santa Claws
Photos with Santa Claws Fido, Fifi and friends are invited to the Salem PetSmart on Saturday, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., for a photo shoot with Santa and a chance to help other animals. All pets and their families are invited to pose for a photo with
- More Lifestyle Headlines