Best Bets for Tuesday, April 15
Looking for something to do today? Here are The Salem News' Best Bets:
Best Bets for Monday, April 14
Looking for something to do today? Check out The Salem News' Best Bets.
- Dear Abby: Communication online lacks personal touch Dear Abby: I recently exchanged pleasantries via email and text messaging with a lady I met on a website. One day later, I received a message from her stating she'd prefer our method of communication be kept to email and texting because she wasn't mu
Best Bets for Saturday, April 12 and Sunday, April 13
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out The Salem News' Best Bets.
- Dear Abby: Joy of having a service dog is diminished by public attention Dear Abby: I use a service dog, and I'm constantly barraged with requests to pet him. Other people who use service dogs warned me this would happen. Although the ADA does not require him to wear a vest, I bought one for him that reads, "Do Not Pet,"
- North Shore religion calendar Saturday, April 12 Spring Pops and Auction, 7 p.m., Northshore Unitarian Universalist Church, 323 Locust St., Danvers. Event features Danny Titus, a lively and popular musical performer, as well as an auction with donated items from the congregation
- North Shore religion news in brief Northshore Unitarian Universalist Church presents its Spring Pops and Auction event, starting at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, at 323 Locust St., Danvers. The event features Danny Titus, a lively and popular musical performer, as well as an auction w
North Shore Gardener: Growing your own Easter lilies
Q: Can I grow my own Easter lilies? I understand it's too late for this year, but how about next year? And can I put last year's plants outside? I have some wonderful orientals, but I'd love to grow the fragrant white Easter lilies, as well. A: Easte
- For parents, April is the busiest time of the year April through June is that time of the year when parent burnout is the highest. There are so many demands placed on children, families and, ultimately, parents over the next several weeks. When I look at my schedule for the week, it's all I can do t
- Author discusses brutal caning prior to Civil War Whenever Stephen Puleo talks about "The Caning," his new book about Congressman Preston Brooks' 1856 assault on Sen. Charles Sumner, people want to know one thing. "Things are so partisan today, how partisan were they then?" he said. Puleo, who will
- More Lifestyle Headlines
- Best Bets for Tuesday, April 15