Best Bets for Thursday, July 10
Looking for something to do this afternoon? Check out our Best Bets.
Adrienne Eller lands dream role in Music Theatre production of 'The Little Mermaid'
Adrienne Eller said hello to the Little Mermaid, long before she got to play her in the musical. "Whenever I went to Disneyland, I waited in line to meet Ariel," she said. "We owned the VHS. I don't think I saw it in the theater, but it was one of my
Seafood Festival at Salem Willows features lobster plunge, kids activities, lots of food
Tartar sauce or lemon? Whichever you prefer, there will be plenty of dishes to try them on at this weekend's first-ever Salem Seafood Festival. Twenty vendors will be visiting Salem Willows from Friday to Sunday to serve chowder, lobsters and fish,
- North Shore Entertainment Calendar Good cause PADDLE FOR PLUMMER. Sunday, July 13, 10 a.m., Plummer Home, 37 Winter Island Road, Salem. Stand-up Paddle Board Races (elite, recreational and youth mini race) to benefit the Plummer Home, which helps at-risk youth and teens. Type II PFDs
- Reader's Eye: Douglas Bowker Name: Douglas Bowker Hometown: Salem Description: "About a week ago, the weather made a sudden turn from rainy to clearing, and we had a brief but spectacular sunset. As I headed over to Collins Cove to snap a few pictures, what struck me first was t
- Dear Abby: Woman thinks bride-to-be’s friendship isn’t worth cost Dear Abby: My best friend is getting married and asked me to be her maid of honor. She has also asked me to buy an expensive dress, host a lavish shower I'm afraid I can't afford and plan a destination bachelorette party. The cost will be exorbitant.
Best Bets for Wednesday, July 9
Looking for something to do this afternoon? The Salem News' Best Bets for today include a concert in the courtyard, a trip to the Mesozoic era and open mike performances.
- Dear Abby: Young couple’s use of birth control is long past overdue Dear Abby: My 19-year-old son has been dating the daughter of one of my friends I'll call "Mona." We didn't set them up; they met at some parties. Last summer, we discovered they were having sex because "Meghan" thought she was pregnant. Luckily, it
- Dear Abby: Scrapbooks full of memories will be cherished by friends Dear Abby: May I comment about the question from "Unsure in the West" (April 6), who wanted to create scrapbooks out of all the cards and letters she received over the years? My generation (30s) is all about social media. "Unsure" mentioned that all
- Dear Abby: Eligible seniors can sign up for free medical eye exam Dear Abby: I am an ophthalmologist, and all too often I see patients who have already lost some of their vision because they waited too long to schedule an appointment for an eye exam. Many times the reason was limited insurance or they couldn't affo
- More Lifestyle Headlines
- Best Bets for Thursday, July 10