- North Shore religion calendar Sunday, July 13 PJ Library Popsicles at the Pool, 2 p.m., Jewish Community Center of the North Shore, 4 Community Road, Marblehead. Families are invited to cool off with stories, crafts and popsicles at the pool. Parental supervision required. Weathe
Best Bets for Friday, July 11
Looking for something to do today? Check out The Salem News' Best Bets.
- Vet Connection: Pets gone wild According to a recent marketing survey, about 17 percent of all dogs exhibit signs consistent with a condition known as separation anxiety. Video footage of pets left alone can show excessive pacing, extreme vocalization and, in some cases, a rampage
- Dog Lady: Looking to dogma for good pet-owner karma Dear Dog Lady: Recently, I took my dog to a "dogma," a yoga class for people and their dogs. The class was developed by a local yoga studio and geared to people and their dogs to hang out together. I am always looking for something fun to do with my
- Book notes: "Songs without words" by Gerald Shea Imagine trying to read this sentence if the consonants had been deleted. That's what Gerald Shea, who didn't discover he was partly deaf until his early 30s, has dealt with most of his life. "I have great trouble with consonants; I hear vowels well,"
- Quick pick: Train for the Hunger Games Calling all tributes! The Swampscott Public Library Teen Area invites teens in grades five and up to train for the 74th annual Hunger Games on Wednesday at 1 p.m. Participants will learn to create lifesaving shelter anywhere; discover how to locate a
- Dear Abby: 26-year-old still resents parents who skipped graduation Dear Abby: When I was a child, my parents skipped my elementary school graduation. For that matter, everyone did. My grandfather had just died, so Mom was mourning his loss. Fast-forward a few years -- nobody attended my junior high graduation, eithe
Best Bets for Thursday, July 10
Looking for something to do this afternoon? Check out our Best Bets.
Adrienne Eller lands dream role in Music Theatre production of 'The Little Mermaid'
Adrienne Eller said hello to the Little Mermaid, long before she got to play her in the musical. "Whenever I went to Disneyland, I waited in line to meet Ariel," she said. "We owned the VHS. I don't think I saw it in the theater, but it was one of my
Seafood Festival at Salem Willows features lobster plunge, kids activities, lots of food
Tartar sauce or lemon? Whichever you prefer, there will be plenty of dishes to try them on at this weekend's first-ever Salem Seafood Festival. Twenty vendors will be visiting Salem Willows from Friday to Sunday to serve chowder, lobsters and fish,
- More Lifestyle Headlines