By Neil H. Dempsey
---- — BEVERLY — Police say emergency personnel saved a man who was choking at a fast food restaurant on Enon Street on Wednesday afternoon.
Officer April Clarizia was dispatched to the McDonald’s at 40 Enon St. after a report shortly before 1 p.m. that a man inside the restaurant was unresponsive, according to a police press release.
“Upon arrival, Officer Clarizia observed a male party who had a pulse but was not breathing,” police wrote.
Clarizia opened the man’s mouth, saw food lodged in his throat and then performed a finger-sweep technique to remove some of the obstruction. Shortly thereafter, paramedics with Northeast Ambulance Service removed the rest of the food with a suction tool.
The man was taken to Beverly Hospital.