SalemNews.com, Salem, MA

Local News

December 27, 2013

Police/Fire

Marblehead

Monday

Police received an 8:07 a.m. report that somebody had put a “Post Office sticker with swastika drawn on it” on a light pole at the high school on Humphrey Street. “Assistant principal stated she has reviewed the camera footage,” police wrote. “She will get back to us with any photographs as needed.”

Police were unable to locate a male who was reported to be “running up the street singing and yelling” at Neptune and Bayview roads about 8:30 a.m.

A Lafayette Street woman reported at 2:32 p.m. that her 14-year-old daughter was “communicating on the Internet with an unknown person from a chat room.”

Tuesday

A woman on Washington Street reported at 1:19 p.m. that somebody had parked “directly against her bumper, and she cannot get out of the spot.”

Wednesday

A 6-year-old girl was transported to a hospital from somewhere on Humphrey Street after a 1:12 p.m. report that she’d sustained an allergic reaction to peanuts.

Salem

Wednesday

A 10:20 p.m. report that a suspicious person was in a shed brought police to 14 Wheatland St. Police wrote: “Party no longer resides at that address and was moved along.”

Thursday

Police responded to 15 Lynde St. after a 9:18 a.m. report that somebody had attempted to pour sugar into a vehicle’s gas tank. An officer wrote: “I observed a large amount of what appeared to be sugar in and around the MV gas fill neck.”

Police received a 12 p.m. report that a Dow Street woman was being harassed by the maid she had recently fired. “Both were advised not to call or text each other and to stay away from each other,” police wrote.

A 2:31 p.m. report of a landlord-tenant dispute brought police to 14 Cherry St., where a woman said her landlord had threatened to evict her because she had reported a gas leak. The Fire Department had advised the landlord that he had five days to repair a furnace, she said. “She was advised that she made the right phone calls and that the landlord couldn’t evict her without cause,” police wrote. “She was advised that if the landlord doesn’t make the proper repairs to call the health and the Fire Department again.”

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News

AP Video
Raw: Families Travel to Taiwan Plane Crash Site Arizona Execution Takes Almost Two Hours Gen. Odierno Discusses Ukraine, NATO at Forum Gaza Fighting Rages Amid Cease-Fire Efforts Mint Gives JFK Coin a Face-lift Creative Makeovers for Ugly Cellphone Towers Ariz. Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution Began Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record LeBron James Sends Apology Treat to Neighbors Raw: Funeral for Man Who Died in NYPD Custody Migrants Back in Honduras After US Deports Israeli American Reservist Torn Over Return Raw: ISS Cargo Ship Launches in Kazakhstan Six Indicted in StubHub Hacking Scheme Former NTSB Official: FAA Ban 'prudent' EPA Gets Hip With Kardashian Tweet Bodies of MH17 Victims Arrive in the Netherlands Biden Decries Voting Restrictions in NAACP Talk Broncos Owner Steps Down Due to Alzheimer's US, UN Push Shuttle Diplomacy in Mideast
Comments Tracker