“I was at work and a got a call that my house was on fire,” she said.
Burbine was worried about her cat, Buddy, but she found him safe in the basement after firefighters cleared the home.
The white two-story home was built around 1895, according to city assessors records.
The family of four will be unable to stay in the home. American Red Cross volunteers on the scene yesterday provided the family with emergency temporary shelter at a hotel, money for food, clothing, seasonal items and shoes, according to an email from the organization.
Staff writer Jonathan Phelps can be reached at 978-338-2527 or by email at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter at JPhelps_SN.