A woman reported at 5 p.m. that somebody had broken into her vehicle and stolen a “Christmas bag containing assorted presents” while she dined at the Outback Steakhouse at 300 Andover St.
A man at 101 Lake St. was transported to Salem Hospital after a 6:39 p.m. report that he might have been having a heart attack. “The officer arrived and stated that the male was having an asthma attack and not a heart attack,” wrote police.
An 8:12 p.m. report that fire alarms were sounding and there was smoke in a laundry room brought police and the Fire Department to the Homewood Suites hotel at 57 Newbury St. “The Fire Department stated that there was a faulty dryer,” police wrote later.
A woman was transported to Salem Hospital from a Brown Street address after a 7:02 a.m. report that she had fallen two days before and had since developed “increased head injury symptoms.”
Police responded to 26 Williams St. after a 4:04 p.m. complaint about a brush fire and spoke to a woman who said somebody had lit her trash barrel on fire. “The brush in her barrel was slightly charred,” wrote police. “She was advised to keep her barrels near the house and not down the end of the street. No damage to property or injury to any persons.”
A woman reported at 7:32 p.m. that she believed her ex-boyfriend had left items in her vehicle to harass her while she was at work at a business on Atlantic Avenue in Marblehead. “She reports that while cleaning her car, she found a box of condoms, one opened with wrapper still present, and a receipt under her passenger-side floor mat,” wrote police. “She states she is not sure how long the items have been there, as she cannot point to the exact date where she last cleaned the interior of her car.”