SALEM — A man and woman camping out in the woods behind Wal-Mart on Highland Avenue were burned last night around 10:10 when their tent caught fire, according to police reports.
Salem police Sgt. Fred Ryan said that the man was burned more seriously than the woman and that they had said a propane tank exploded.
According to radio reports, one person had facial burns and at least one was being taken to a local hospital, but Ryan could not confirm that last night. The names and ages of the two people were not available as of press time.