A list of parking bans and snow emergencies announced for Tuesday, Dec. 17, on the North Shore. This list will be updated as information becomes available.
The snow emergency parking ban will be in effect at 8 p.m. The parking ban will be in effect for up to 48 hours.
There will be no parking allowed on any municipal streets. Violators shall be subjected to ticketing and/or towing. Municipal lots are available for those who have no other accommodations; meter fees must be paid during normal meter hours.
Municipal Lots available during an emergency parking ban:
- Municipal parking lot - between Franklin Place and Washington Street
- Pond Street (behind Casa Da Moda)
- Pond Street (at American Legion/Spear Post)
- Congress Street and Summit Avenue (public lot)
- Chapman Street and Federal Street (behind Family Dollar)
- NO PARKING in the Court Street lot — LOT IS CLOSED
Danvers RMV branch closed for the day as of 1:30 p.m. Customers already in line will be served.
Danvers Department of Public Works will have a winter parking ban in effect as of 1 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 18. This ban prohibits parking on all town streets between the hours of 1 and 6 a.m. for the duration of the ban. Residents will be notified when the ban has ended.
All Ipswich Public Schools afternoon and evening activities are cancelled. The Extended Day Program will remain open until the last student is picked up by his/her parent.
Snow emergency parking ban in effect as of 1 p.m. until further notice. No on-street parking until the emergency is lifted.
All after-school and evening activities cancelled.
Snow emergency is in effect at 5 p.m. and will remain in effect until further notice. All vehicles must be totally removed from city streets and sidewalks or they will be ticketed and towed. Vehicles must be removed from public and private parking lots, particularly at schools, immediately following the cancellation of the snow emergency. Consult the City of Salem's website, tune to SATV on your television or call the non-emergency snow information line at the police station at 978-744-0171 ext. 166 for information when the snow emergency parking ban will end.
The City of Salem offers alternative designated parking areas that include the following:
- Museum Place Parking Garage*
- South Harbor Garage*
- Blaney Street Parking Lot (Salem Ferry Landing),
- Forest River Park,
- Gallows Hill lower,
- Mack Park,
- Broad Street Playground,
- Castle Hill Playground,
- Salem Willows Park,
- the Bentley School Lot,
- the Carlton School Lot,
- the Witchcraft Heights School Lot,
- the Bates School Lot,
- the Saltonstall parking area on Salem Street only,
- and the Collins Middle School - Jackson Street parking area.
* During a snow emergency, parking in the city garages is $5/24 hours, or any fraction thereof. Vehicles should be removed from the garage by the close of business the day the snow emergency concludes. Vehicles left in the garage after that time will begin to accrue charges at the regular hourly parking rate.
Salem State University: All evening classes cancelled for tonight, Tuesday, Dec. 17.