BEVERLY — A fire on Christmas night forced a Hull Street family to evacuate their home.
The Beverly Fire Department said it received a call just before 10 p.m. Tuesday for an “out-of-control” fireplace blaze at 32 Hull St. in Centerville.
When firefighters arrived, Deputy Chief Michael Acciavatti spotted smoke coming from the exterior of the home from the left side of the chimney.
Firefighters had to pull down walls and dismantle a large part of the fireplace to find and extinguish the “deep-seated” fire, department officials said.
The homeowners were home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported. Fire, water and smoke damage to the living room area was significant enough to displace the residents, officials said.
Danvers, Salem and Manchester firefighters covered Beverly’s fire stations while Beverly crews were at the fire. All firefighters were released from the scene at midnight.