A Laurel Street woman reported a possible ID theft attempt at 11:21 a.m. She said she had received a letter saying her application to open a credit card had been denied because she spelled her name wrong and used the wrong date of birth.
Police and the Fire Department responded to a 12:40 p.m. report of a malfunctioning pellet stove on Amherst Road. “Caller thinks house is on fire because he unplugged the pellet stove and there was still smoke coming from it,” police wrote. No fire was reported.
A Pleasant Street man reported at 4:37 p.m. that a company had called him stating that he won money. “He states the company also told him they will be coming to his house this afternoon,” an officer wrote. Police advised him to call back if the company showed up.
A woman turned over keys she found in the front door of a business at 311 Rantoul St., according to a 12:02 p.m. report.
A female employee of Starbucks at the Northshore Mall got her hand stuck in a coffee machine while she was trying to clean it, according to Lt. Arthur Yeo. The incident was reported to police around 9:30 p.m. Ambulance personnel were able to free her hand, and the worker refused further medical attention.
A Warren Street man reported at 12:03 a.m. that his downstairs neighbors had “a foul smell coming from their apartment, possibly marijuana.”
Police received a 9:21 a.m. report of a person in the middle of Browns Pond across from Bowen Road. An officer advised the person about safety concerns regarding the ice.
The sliding-glass door of a house on Shore Drive was broken, and cash, an iPad and jewelry were taken from inside, according to a 9:56 p.m. report.