, Salem, MA

August 6, 2013


The Salem News

---- — Marblehead


A Jersey Street woman requested an officer “come check her basement for cracks in the foundation” at 8:31 a.m., according to the log. Police wrote: “She said she is concerned about the damage potentially being done by the jackhammer being used for the roadwork. She was directed to contact the building department for her concerns.”

A 20-year-old counselor at the camp on Children’s Island was transported to Salem Hospital after a report to the harbormaster around 9 p.m. that she had suffered a seizure.

Police received an 11:58 a.m. report that a “tenant or manager” had “vandalized the whole interior” of a residence on Pilgrim Road. Police wrote later: “Clear, civil matter between landlord and tenant.”

Police were unable to locate a “strange male” who was reported to be walking a dog on Riverside Drive at 1:51 p.m.

Fire Chief Jason Gilliland requested an officer accompany him to a Beacon Street residence to drop off Red Sox tickets “that the resident left on the ground at the FD after being informed they could not accept them,” according to a 2:28 p.m. log item.

An Atlantic Avenue man asked for advice on how to get his 24-year-old son out of the house at 2:45 p.m., according to the log. Police wrote: “He said they have rules and the son is not abiding by them and he wants him out. The father said there is no dispute or disturbance going on. While on the line, the son could be heard saying he was leaving. The father said assistance was not needed and would call back if that turned out to not be the case.”

A Creesy Street woman reported at 3:01 p.m. that her mailman had knocked on her door four hours before. Police wrote: “She opened the door which had a chain on it and he tried to poke his head in. The woman opened the door and the mailman poked his head in and asked if the two people who were on some letters he had lived in the [apartment] because the names were not on the mailbox. The man was in a postman’s uniform and was a white male. She said he asked several times if she was OK. She pretended there were other people in the apartment and ended up slamming the door on him after telling him to leave the mail in the box. Caller said she then went back to sleep. She is leaving now for work and only wanted a log entry.”

A 3:26 p.m. report from a Hawkes Street woman that a man had violated an abuse prevention order led to the arrest of William Basil Reisopoulos, 49, of 23 Mallard Way, Burlington, on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order.

A 10-month-old child was transported from Creesy Street to North Shore Children’s Hospital after a 6:23 p.m. report that he or she was not breathing.

A Morgan Lane man reported at 6:54 p.m. that he and his wife had returned home to discover a message from a male “talking about having a secret crush on a girl at the house.” Police wrote later: “Got call over a week ago and no further calls. They will call if they get any more.”



Police responded to 54 Turner St. after a 4:22 p.m. report that a male was shouting over a fence and determined that he had been “talking loudly and [was] unaware it was disturbing tourists.”

Police received a 5:47 p.m. report that a male had exposed himself at the Walmart on Highland Avenue. “Investigation to continue,” wrote police.

Police responded to 1 Willow Ave. after a 9:37 p.m. report that people were arguing and spoke to a male who stated he had been “enjoying the evening with his girlfriend, mother and sister” and that “there was no yelling or arguing at the residence.”

A 10:03 p.m. report that a car had backed into a parked vehicle near 178 Derby St. and then fled the scene resulted in the arrest of Genevieve Morton, 52, of 17 Willow Ave., Salem, on charges of drunken driving and leaving the scene after property damage.

An officer responded to a Dunlap Street address after an 11:20 p.m. report that a bat was in a house. “Officer was able to capture the bat and set it free,” police wrote later.

An 11:51 p.m. report that a “deal” was occurring brought police to 17 Bryant St., where they determined a man and his girlfriend were picking up their baby from their baby sitter after a night out. “No suspicious activity noted, no warrants,” wrote police. “A baby was observed in the back seat.”


A woman went to the station about 9:30 p.m. to turn in $100 in cash she found on a Lafayette Street sidewalk while she was walking, according to the log.

A manager at the 7-Eleven store at 28 Norman St. reported at 10:02 a.m. that an employee he had fired said, “I’ll bring trouble for you” on her way out of the store.