, Salem, MA

March 5, 2013

Three arrested after rowdy party

By Neil H. Dempsey
Staff Writer

---- — MARBLEHEAD — Three people were arrested after a fracas on Green Street brought police officers from four different jurisdictions early Sunday morning.

Lisa Lane-Mkusa, 38, of 118 Green St., Apt. B, Marblehead, was arrested on charges of two counts of assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, and threatening to commit a crime.

Josue Francois, 24, of 600 Boston St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of two counts of assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, threatening to commit a crime, and disorderly conduct.

Yolanda Charles, 31, of 100 Henry Ave., Lynn, was arrested on charges of three counts of assault and battery on a police officer, assault and battery on a public employee, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, unlawful wiretapping, and disclosing the contents of a wiretap.

According to the incident log, police first responded to 118 Green St. after a 3:25 a.m. report of an argument there, “which sounds pretty serious.” An officer subsequently reported that a resident at the address had thrown a party but that it was quieting down.

Another caller reported a disturbance at the same location shortly thereafter. Police from Swampscott and Salem were called in after officers on the scene requested additional units. According to the log, an officer also requested water after being “sprayed,” but it was unclear what the officer was sprayed with.

At one point, a sergeant requested “at least six more officers.” State police also responded to the location.

Later on, after Mkusa-Lane and Francois were arrested, Charles came to the lobby of the police station to leave money for Mkusa-Lane and asked to speak to the officer in charge regarding the incident, according to the log.

“She was argumentative in the lobby and was advised to leave by Sgt. Conrad multiple times,” police wrote. “She continued to argue and was also audiotaping and videotaping the discussion in the lobby.”

Charles was arrested.

One of the three prisoners was subsequently transported to Salem Hospital with undisclosed injuries; it was reported later that the prisoner had assaulted a nurse.

Chief Robert Picariello declined to provide further information about the incident, saying only that he expected those arrested would be arraigned today.