BY JULIE MANGANIS
---- — BEVERLY — A Beverly man will be held without bail at least until next week, following his arraignment yesterday on charges that he took part in a violent home invasion last month.
The only things injured during the March 17 incident were an Xbox and a comforter that were both stabbed, prosecutors said.
But Adam Jordan, 22, of 599 Cabot St. is facing a charge that could send him to jail for a minimum mandatory 20 years in prison if he’s convicted.
According to a police report, Jordan and a second man entered an apartment on Rantoul Street on St. Patrick’s Day, wearing masks.
The alleged victim initially told police that he did not know the two men he says burst in and began yelling about him being a “snitch.” He told police that the men were waving knives and eventually stabbing his comforter and an Xbox game console, then took his wallet, which contained only an identification card and a gift card.
Police initially stopped a pair of men fitting the description, but the alleged victim said he could not identify them, and they were released.
Shortly after that, the alleged victim confessed that he knew the men and gave police their names. Police obtained warrants.
Jordan was arrested Monday afternoon during a call about a domestic disturbance. He is facing additional charges stemming from that incident, including domestic assault and battery and threats.
Prosecutor Lynsey Legier filed a motion to hold Jordan without bail as a danger to the public.
Jordan’s lawyer, Patrick Regan, objected, citing the conflicting accounts of the alleged victim as an indication that police had a weak case.
Judge Sabita Singh granted the prosecutor’s request, however, ordering that Jordan remain in custody until that hearing, which is expected to take place Monday.
Courts reporter Julie Manganis can be reached at 978-338-2521, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @SNJulieManganis.