“We’re hoping it brings some positive effect on the neighborhood ... (but) with larger developments there tends to be problems that are brought along with it,” Prevey said. “... We want to make sure the natives stay.”
Keeping the lines of communication open with residents is also a priority, Prevey said.
“I’m a pretty approachable person,” he said. “I’m willing to work with people, no matter what their background (or) situation is. I’m open to all types of people.”
- Address: 26 Tremont St.
- Age: 46
- Family: Married to Saul Barragan
- Occupation: Probation officer at federal court
- Education: St. Hyacinth College, Granby, Mass., bachelor's degree in philosophy (1990)
- Community involvement: Member of Moose Lodge, Mack Park Neighborhood Association, Friends of Greenlawn Cemetery; previously served on Mayor Stanley Usovicz's homelessness task force and Superintendent Herbert Levine's anti-drug task force
- Elective office held: Ward 6 city councilor since 2006