A parking ban in Beverly will be in effect as of 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, and will be in effect for 48 hours. Friday's trash and recycling will be picked up as scheduled. Any cars parked on municipal streets will be towed. Municipal lots available during an emergency parking ban:
- Municipal parking lot - between Franklin Place and Washington Street
- Pond Street (behind Casa Da Moda)
- Pond Street (at American Legion/Spear Post)
- Congress Street and Summit Avenue (public lot)
- Chapman Street and Federal Street (behind Family Dollar)
- Commissioner of Public Works Michael Collins asks residents to stay off the road and check on elderly neighbors.
Check here for updated information.
A snow emergency is in effect. Residents are reminded that during the impending snow storm there is no on street parking allowed. Highway officials ask that you have all vehicles off of the roadway when the storm starts so they can safety plow. Plow operators are also reminded that you are not allowed to plow snow across the roadway to push it to the other side when clearing driveways. Thank you for your cooperation. Check here for updated information.
The town of Ipswich has declared a State of Emergency. Parking is banned on all town roads as of noon today. Vehicles parked on the street will be towed. Please, shelter in place and stay off of the roads. Parking is permitted in the town municipal lots on Elm Street, Hammett Street, and the MBTA lot. Residents of the Neck should be aware of two tide cycles, at 9:50 p.m. tonight and 10:06 a.m. tomorrow. Jeffrey's Neck Road may be flooded. Please do not travel through flooded roadways and arrange not to travel during these periods. If you must drive, be aware of large snow drifts.
OTHER WEEKEND EVENTS