, Salem, MA

February 9, 2013


The Salem News

---- — Marblehead


A Farrell Court woman reported at 8:34 a.m. that people “complain about her gardening in the nice weather in February” and “slam their doors on purpose and complain when she parks her car to unload groceries.” An officer advised her to contact police at the time of the incident.

Police received a 9:37 p.m. report that a Peach Highlands woman’s son, a lobsterman, had gone to tie traps in Beverly Harbor and hadn’t returned yet. His boat was subsequently found docked in Beverly and he was fine, police said.


A caller from Maple Circle reported at 12:11 a.m. that she could hear “strange” noises in her house. Officers responded to the address but found nothing suspicious.



Police responded to 311 Cabot St. after an 8:52 p.m. report of a possible fake $10 bill.

A man will be charged after he allegedly sold seven prescription pills to an Alcoholic Beverages Control officer inside the Sports Page Pub in full view of the bartender, according to an 11:09 p.m. report. The man was also cited for marijuana possession.



A woman reported at 3:32 p.m. that her wallet had been stolen from her purse at the Northshore Mall on Tuesday evening.

Police responded to Pete’s-A-Place at 19 Central St. after an 8:50 p.m. report of a panic alarm and determined an employee had hit the alarm because “there was a drunk guy swearing.” An officer found the man and advised him against returning.

A black Honda SUV crashed into a parked vehicle at 117 Tremont St. and then fled the scene, according to a 9:54 p.m. report. Officers followed the trail of leaking fluid from the vehicle and determined it had gone into Salem, but the vehicle soon returned to the scene. Police arrested Pedro Torres, 34, of 105 Tremont St., Apt. 3, Meriden, Connecticut, on charges of drunken driving, leaving the scene of property damage, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.


A 1:37 a.m. report of a disturbance between a mother and daughter brought police to 11 Tanners Court, where they arrested Lisa Deleskey, 52, of 7 Sabino Farm Road, Apt. 3, Peabody, on a charge of disorderly conduct. She was also the subject of a warrant.

A Joy Road woman reported at 12:20 p.m. that somebody had stolen a check from her checkbook and cashed it for $450.

Police received a 12:39 p.m. report from a Lynnfield Street woman who said she was concerned her neighbor might be trying to break into her house after the individual asked her if she could use her phone.



A man reported at 5:18 p.m. that the Mercedes he parked at Congress and Dow streets the night before had its window smashed and a broken bottle of Snapple was left in the back seat.

A Mead Court woman reported at 7:45 p.m. that her roommate had been “burning sage and incense” in their apartment and that it was bad for her health. An officer spoke to the man, who agreed not to burn anything else.

Police received an 11:15 p.m. report that a husband and wife on Heritage Drive were sitting on their couch watching television when they “heard a bang” and saw their sliding glass door shatter. An officer noted that only the inside pane was smashed.


An 8:58 a.m. report of a domestic disturbance brought police to Summit Avenue and Leach Street. Subsequently arrested was Mark Edmunds, 22, of 18 Leach St., Salem, on charges of domestic assault and battery and intimidation of a witness.

A Madeline Avenue man reported at 11:51 a.m. that he had started his girlfriend’s BMW to warm it up because of the weather and then went back inside, only to find that it had rolled downhill after he came back out. The vehicle went over a large rock, into a bush and then struck a parked Chevrolet. No injuries were reported.

Police responded to a 12:10 p.m. report that a woman’s purse had been snatched from her as she walked down Federal Street. She chased after the suspect but lost sight of the person in the nearby MBTA lot. The suspect was described as being 5-foot-7 and was wearing a red winter hat with a Nautica logo, a dark blue winter coat, dark pants and Timberland boots. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anybody suspicious.