- Local News
Tierney picks up another challenger
BOSTON — The high-stakes race in the 6th Congressional District just got more crowded.
Christopher Stockwell, a Marblehead businessman, has filed paperwork to run as an independent candidate in the Nov. 6 election for the congressional seat, which represents the northeastern corner of the state from North Andover to Rockport, Salisbury to Revere. He needs to collect 2,000 signatures from district voters by July 29 to get on the ballot.
Last stop for Danvers train station?
DANVERS --Town officials are looking to revive an effort to relocate and reuse the last remaining train station in town, one of nine that once stood here. But that could trigger debate between preservationists and the downtown business community that
Folger Avenue arson ruling was 'process of elimination'
BEVERLY -- State investigators say they used a "process of elimination" to determine that Sunday's night fire on Folger Avenue was set intentionally. "They've managed to eliminate all other possible ignition scenarios where the fire started," said Je
Trustees back Gordon College president '100 percent'
WENHAM -- The chairman of the board at Gordon College said trustees support college president Michael Lindsay, despite the fact that "the entire institution has come under attack" since Lindsay signed on to a controversial letter to President Obama o
North Shore Community Calendar
Wednesday, July 16 Salem: The Science of Climate Change, 10 a.m., Explorers Lifelong Learning Institute Center, 10 Federal St. Salem State geography professor Stephen Young will discuss the scientific methods used to study climate change, the changes
- Plans for Crystal Lake upgrades inch forward
- Holten Richmond Middle School third-trimester honor roll
- Danvers High School fourth-quarter honor roll
- Closing arguments beginning in probation trial
- Peabody has mixed success dealing with abandoned homes
- Beverly to upgrade trails at Green's Hill in Ryal Side
- Lennie Sogoloff: The man who brought all that jazz to area
- State fights back against higher flood insurance rates
- Heard around Marblehead, Ipswich
- Nathaniel Bowditch third-trimester honor roll
- Beverly fire chief: Folger Avenue blaze was deliberately set
- Senate to debate sweeping gun bill
- Salem group home under investigation
- Next town manager must live in Danvers
- Architectural Preservation District Commission proposed to preserve Ipswich's historic homes
- Two Peabody polling sites moving due to construction
- Peabody council OKs digital billboard off Route 128
- Salem, Peabody go to bat for St. Joseph's food pantry
- North Shore Community Calendar
- Buchholz's 3-hitter leads Red Sox over Astros 11-0
- Bugged pedestrian suffers foot injury
- Police: Woman complains someone's been scooping her Salem News
- Tierney picks up another challenger