- The Nation
Veterans say rape cases mishandled
A group of U.S. veterans who say they were raped and abused by their comrades want to force the Pentagon to change how it handles such cases.
Obama sends Congress $3.73 trillion budget
President Barack Obama sent Congress a $3.73 trillion budget Monday that holds out the prospect of eventually bringing deficits under control through spending cuts and tax increases. But the fiscal blueprint largely ignores his own deficit commission's plea to slash huge entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare.
Uncertain future for US policy as Egypt shifts
The United States faces an intensely uncertain future in Egypt, a stalwart ally of decades in the volatile Middle East, where key tenets of American foreign policy are now thrown into doubt.
Search begins for clues in deadly Pa. explosion
The search for five victims of a massive explosion that rocked a Pennsylvania neighborhood has reached its grim conclusion, but the search for clues about what caused the disaster that leveled two houses and burned many more has only begun.
Ranchers hope critters can weather subzero temps
Icy blasts tugged temperatures to well below zero in chunks of the South early Thursday, leaving ranchers and farmers fretting about their animals after a winter storm dropped 2 feet of snow on parts of Arkansas and Oklahoma and left at least three people dead.
- Some snow-buried states brace for another round
- After 54 years, Wis. woman charged in baby's death
- Foreclosures raise US economic stress
- AOL buying Huffington Post for $315m
- New Mexico murders still a mystery after 21 years
- Mideast unrest complicates US fight against terror
- Egyptian turmoil helping to lift oil, food prices
- Palin: America out of step with Reagan's values
- Mammoth storm leaves bitter cold, destruction
- Midwest buckles under storm, calls it a snow day
- Police watch for sex trafficking ahead of big game
- Gates: Helping world's poor is a good investment
- Economy probably gained speed at year end
- Foreclosure activity up across most US metro areas
- Snow piles up on snow-weary Northeast
- Social Security fund will be drained by 2037
- Republicans back at work cutting spending
- State of the Union: It's the economy, again
- US seafood industry creates marketing coalition
- An American wish list on eve of Obama's speech
- Case in Giffords shooting likely to take years
- Apple app store hits 10 billion downloads
- Officials: 'Bath salts' are growing drug problem
- Doc: Giffords heard cheers leaving Ariz., smiled
- Patrick proposes $65M local aid cut
- Veterans say rape cases mishandled