- The Nation
Romney seeks to address health care woes
Call it an attempt to address an obvious political vulnerability.
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Saturday derided President Barack Obama's health care law — modeled in some ways after one the ex-governor signed in Massachusetts — as a misguided and egregious effort to seize more power for Washington.
NYC rally planned against hearing on US Muslims
A coalition of over 100 interfaith, nonprofit and governmental organizations plans to rally in New York City against a planned congressional hearing on Muslims' role in homegrown terrorism.
Mom sheltering child dies as tornado hits La. town
When the tornado hit this Louisiana town, Jalisa Granger was instinctively sheltering her child from the sudden, fierce winds. Pieces of homes shot skyward, debris lodged in treetops and a U.S. Postal Service truck was flipped on its side.
When it was over, the 21-year-old mother lay dead from a tree that had fallen atop her home, authorities say. But her child survived the tornado's rampage through Rayne, a south Louisiana community of 8,500 people some 70 miles west of Baton Rouge.
Improving economy raises hopes for better hiring
Economists are expecting a strong report on job growth in February, bolstered by news that fewer people sought unemployment benefits last week than in any week in nearly three years.
NASA declares contingency in satellite launch
NASA television is reporting that a rocket that blasted off carrying an Earth-observation satellite doesn't have the velocity to reach orbit.
- Dems join GOP in fight to block EPA climate rules
- Calif. AG latest to seek resumption of gay unions
- Wis. gov. to outline ultimate intentions in budget
- Giffords aide slowly healing, both body and mind
- Infant boy the first NZ quake victim laid to rest
- Congress takes up major change in patent law
- Discovery arriving Saturday at space station
- Despite Giffords' absence, office busier than ever
- 4 Amish children die when buggy flips in Ky. creek
- Toyota recalls 2.17 million vehicles in US
- Wis. troopers sent to find Democrats, no one home
- Wis. Democrats filibuster to halt anti-union bill
- Emanuel faces big money woes as next Chicago mayor
- Neither side budging in Wisconsin union fight
- Fewer credit card rate hikes after regulations
- Blagojevich seeks to toss wiretaps
- Wis. rallies renew history of political activism
- Judge in Loughner case to mull release of records
- High court asked to end non-unanimous convictions
- White House displeased by violence in Bahrain
- Wisconsin Senate to vote on anti-union bill
- Hawaii eyes gay ceremonies after civil unions pass
- Somali pirate to be sentenced in NYC case
- Man, 84, found alive in Ariz. desert after 5 days
- Pa. teacher strikes nerve with 'lazy whiners' blog
- Romney seeks to address health care woes