Winds and rain are picking up along the Mid-Atlantic coast as the sprawling Hurricane Sandy approaches.
Different attackers in Benghazi?
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Newly revealed testimony from top military commanders involved in the U.S. response to the Benghazi attacks suggests that the perpetrators of a second, dawn attack on a CIA complex probably were different from those who penetrated
3 bridges blown up in Ukraine near rebel-held city
DONETSK, Ukraine -- After Ukrainian forces' seizure of a key rebel stronghold in the east, the major cities of Donetsk and Luhansk could be the next focus of major fighting. Three bridges on roads leading to Donetsk were blown up Monday -- possibly
US-bound air travelers must turn on phones
WASHINGTON -- Passengers at some overseas airports that offer U.S.-bound flights will soon be required to power on their electronic devices in order to board their flights -- a measure intended to enhance aviation security at a time when intelligence
In deep South Texas, a daily tide of poor migrants
MISSION, Texas -- The influx of migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border has grown so large that it now requires its own transportation system: government buses that spend each night idling on a Texas roadside, awaiting the latest arrivals. The buses
Gaza militants unleash heavy rocket fire on Israel
JERUSALEM -- Militants in the Gaza Strip unleashed dozens of rockets on southern Israel late Monday, setting off air raid sirens and forcing hundreds of thousands of Israelis to stay indoors as the military rushed more forces to the border and warned
- Unions representing government workers are gaining
- France: Mom kills kindergarten teacher in class
- North Carolina coast survives Hurricane Arthur
- Scientists retract stem cell report after errors found
- Militants try to tighten their grip in Iraq, Syria
- US seeks more security at some foreign airports
- Report: Health law sign-ups dogged by data flaws
- In dry California, water fetching record prices
- Aaron Hernandez in Gators/Patriots 2014 calendars
- NIH creates network to tackle mysterious diseases
- Tourniquets make comeback with American police
- Obama lauds former CEO as right choice to fix VA
- ISIS declaration of Islamic state could lead to schism
- Mountain lion scares shoppers in Utah
- Ukraine signs historic EU pact
- King writes for new season of 'Under the Dome'
- Mexican law enforcement chopper fires in Arizona
- Kerry: Syrian moderate rebels could help in Iraq
- VA review finds 'significant and chronic' failures
- Opera conductor Julius Rudel dies at 93
- Former 'Days of our Lives' star teaches acting class
- T1red of p@sswords? Y0u @re N*t @lone!
- Demoulas family feud becomes country club spectacle
- Abortion foes hail Supreme Court decision as 'great victory'
- Buffer zone law under spotlight in New Hampshire
- Different attackers in Benghazi?