Snow continues to fall in the Appalachian Mountains thanks to superstorm Sandy, leaving an estimated 150,000 people without power.
Union official says NYC train engineer 'nodded'
by JIM FITZGERALD and TOM HAYS Associated Press Union official says NYC train engineer 'nodded'
NTSB: Train going too fast at curve
YONKERS, N.Y. -- A commuter train that derailed over the weekend, killing four passengers, was hurtling at 82 mph as it entered a 30 mph curve, a federal investigator said yesterday. But whether the wreck was the result of human error or mechanical t
NYC train derailment in Bronx kills 4
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City commuter train rounding a riverside curve derailed yesterday, killing four people and injuring more than 60 in a crash that threw some riders from toppling cars and swiftly raised questions about whether excessive spe
NTSB officials examine Alaska crash wreckage
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Federal investigators yesterday started documenting the wreckage of a plane crash in remote southwest Alaska that killed four people and injured six Friday night. A break in weather conditions allowed two investigators -- fr
Officials: Speed a factor in Walker's deadly crash
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Investigators sought to determine the cause of a fiery crash that killed "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker while the actor's fans erected a makeshift memorial yesterday near where the Porsche he was riding in smashed into a light
- Man charged in crash that killed couple
- Scientists hopeful comet survived sun encounter
- Syrian refugee children work, provide
- China sends fighters to ID flights
- Brazil under pressure after collapse
- Bulger moved out of state
- Mohegan Sun, Suffolk Downs partner
- Thanksgiving includes gluten-free pies and all
- Dozens of felons freed after court ruling
- US bombers cross China's claimed air defense zone for 'training'
- Judge rejects OJ Simpson's bid for new trial
- Prosecutor demands guilty verdict for Knox
- Prosecutor: Conn. gunman's motive still a mystery
- Grand jury charges 4 more in Ohio rape case
- Business group may be open to minimum wage hike
- Afghans ponder restoring of stoning for adulterers
- FCC chairman says he opposes in-flight calls
- Federal judge grants stay of execution in Missouri
- Soldier: Minneapolis man ordered Nazi-led attack
- Forecasts, warnings spared lives from tornadoes
- EPA proposes reducing ethanol in fuel
- Toronto council strips Ford of powers
- California boy with leukemia becomes 'Batkid' for day
- Yellen stands by Fed's low rate policies
- Toronto mayor denies latest allegations
- Union official says NYC train engineer 'nodded'