NATO allies pledge to beef up eastern defenses
BRUSSELS -- NATO foreign ministers moved yesterday to beef up the defenses of front-line alliance members feeling menaced by a more assertive Russia, with Secretary of State John Kerry proclaiming the U.S. commitment to their security is "unwavering.
NHACLU challenges Timberlane gag order
The New Hampshire Civil Liberties Union is asking the Timberlane Regional School Board to repeal two of its recently adopted rules, saying they violate rights of free speech.
Timberlane asked to restore "Sweeney Todd"
The Timberlane Regional School District's decision to cancel a performance of "Sweeney Todd" has people across the country weighing in.
Former Lantigua aide found guilty
LAWRENCE -- A jury yesterday convicted Leonard Degnan of four counts of bribery and conspiracy in a crashing criminal blow to the former administration of Lawrence Mayor William Lantigua. Degnan, Lantigua's former chief of staff and right-hand man, w
Russia pulls back a battalion from Ukraine border
SIMFEROPOL, Crimea -- Russia said yesterday it was pulling a battalion of several hundred troops away from the Ukrainian border but kept tens of thousands in place, prompting a worried response from the Kiev government about what the U.S. warned was
- Seabed of jet hunt zone mostly flat with one trench
- Rural residents confront higher health care costs
- Search dogs take break from mudslide recovery
- Kerry, Russian counterpart meet on Ukraine crisis
- It's time to put away the bird feeders in NH
- Suspect: 'No shows' escaped death by Craigslist
- Government safety agency missed Cobalt clues
- Slide survivor tells of 'wave' of mud hitting home
- Texas must reveal supplier of execution drug
- Teamwork after bombings praised
- Malaysia: Missing flight crashed in Indian Ocean
- Ex-Lawrence mayor a focus in jury selection for Degnan corruption trial
- Search for mudslide survivors grows
- Londonderry officials concerned about Assassins game
- Duo convicted of reduced charges in execution-style murder
- Race is on to find airliner's black boxes
- Officials: 18 missing in Washington mudslide
- Oil spill cleanup impedes Texas ship channel
- Crimea goes east, Ukraine goes west in 2 new deals
- 'Extraordinary riddle' of lost jet now 2 weeks old
- Newburyport plays prominent role in Obama speech
- NATO chief: Russian aggression is 'wake-up call'
- Malaysia, FBI analyze missing pilot's simulator
- Ukraine to hold military exercises with US, UK
- Fast-food protests shift focus to 'wage theft'
- NATO allies pledge to beef up eastern defenses