To the editor:
Salem only has a few relics of its industrial and commercial past left standing. In the previous years, buildings have disappeared, and they continue to leave the scene.
One notable structure that remains is the F.W. Webb Co. at 295 Bridge St., a lengthy, tall place, made of brick, looming over the corner at Bridge and North streets.
The Salem directory first mentions it in 1893-1894, considerably smaller than it would become, then called the Salem Storage Warehouse.
It is a good representative of Salem’s commercial past.
Edward W. Carberg