- The World
Greek strike disrupts flights, cripples services
A general strike halted public transportation across Greece on Wednesday and led to the cancellation of more than 100 flights at Athens International Airport, as unions stepped up opposition to the country's austerity measures.
Witnesses report bodies in the streets in Libya
The bodies of protesters shot to death by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi were left on the streets of a restive district in the Libyan capital Tuesday, an opposition activist and a resident said, while the longtime leader defiantly went on state TV to show he was still in charge.
Quake in New Zealand kills at least 65, traps more
A powerful earthquake struck one of New Zealand's biggest cities Tuesday at the height of a busy workday, toppling tall buildings and churches, crushing buses and killing at least 65 people in one of the country's worst natural disasters.
Gadhafi's grip on Libya weakens
CAIRO — Deep cracks opened in Moammar Gadhafi's regime yesterday, with Libyan government officials at home and abroad resigning, air force pilots defecting and a major government building ablaze after clashes in the capital of Tripoli. Protesters called for another night of defiance against the Arab world's longest-serving leader despite a crackdown.
Arab world mainstay's power suddenly at risk
CAIRO — For more than four decades, Moammar Gadhafi was the face of Libya. He withstood international isolation and U.S. airstrikes, managing to claw his way back to a degree of acceptance by the global community.
- Powerful temblor jolts New Zealand
- Libya: Protesters, security clash in capital
- Libya launches harshest crackdown yet on protesters
- Bahrain orders military off streets of capital
- Déjà vu: Russia, US at odds over missile defense
- White House displeased by violence in Bahrain
- 20 killed in Tanzania military blasts
- Gunmen kill US agent, wound another, in Mexico
- Somali pirate to be sentenced in NYC case
- Knox's parents indicted in Italy
- Bahrain protesters take control of main square
- Unrest, protests grow after Egypt's uprising
- Police disperse Iranian protesters with tear gas
- Uncertain future for US policy as Egypt shifts
- Democracy protests bring down Egypt's Mubarak
- Mubarak resigns, hands power to military
- Egypt's military supports Mubarak; protesters mass
- Egypt FM warns of coup if protests persist
- Egyptian opposition defiant over VP's warning
- US seeks more inclusive Egypt talks
- Final tally: 98 pct in S.Sudan vote for separation
- Egyptian government makes new promises of reform
- Mideast unrest complicates US fight against terror
- Egypt's regime makes new concessions to opposition
- Nuclear arms treaty being finalized in Munich
- Greek strike disrupts flights, cripples services