Recent data shows that two out of three Salem households spend more than 30 percent of their income on housing costs. And of these households, half reported spending more than 50 percent of their income on housing, creating a severe financial burden for many families. Similar statistics are found across the region. Where do you find yourself in this housing crisis? How much of your income pays for housing?
Read more about this year's high school graduates on the North Shore in our special Salute to Seniors section.
Check out our series of podcasts on topics from high school football to Halloween in Salem.
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
Beverly and Danvers, MA - Frank Elliott Rowand, 91, passed away at the Hunt Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, after a long struggle with heart disease. Born in Salem to Melville and Melba Rowand, Frank went on to graduate from Salem High School. In 1959, he opened Rowand's Fish Market in Be…
- Peabody High principal resigns
- New micro-hotel owner thinking big
- Peabody takes steps to deal with rodents
- Officials can't confirm shark sighting off Marblehead
- Downtown Salem 'Hubie Halloween' filming delayed a day
- Jean DePlacido column: Danvers' Wodarski drawing big softball attention
- Area police logs
- Bentley Academy shedding charter model
- Marblehead police investigating shooting
- New shuttle service hoping for more passengers