Richard Ruedigar of Methuen says he will do anything for his 14-year-old grandson, Dan Dorman, of Lynnfield.
Alex Carter has a ritual. He buys his Salem News at his favorite store in Topsfield, Gil's Grocery on Main Street, and checks out the "I Beat Burt" contest entry blank. By midweek he starts plotting the weekend.
Get the latest news on the municipal elections this year on the North Shore.
Check out our series of podcasts on topics from high school football to Halloween in Salem.
This Week's Circulars
- Two arraigned for role in early-morning brawl
- UPDATE: Emerson journalism professor struck, killed by train at Beverly Depot
- Storm wreaks havoc: Homes damaged by trees, many schools closed
- Storm sends boats ashore in Salem, damages Willows pier
- And it's gone
- Salem's second pot shop prepares to open
- Customers flock to Whole Foods opening
- Police seize over 100 pounds of marijuana, other drugs in raid
- UPDATE: Man on bike struck by train at Beverly Depot
- Storm ravages Salem boats, Willows pier