That was quick. Seventeen weeks. Lots and lots of T-shirts won.
Alex Carter has a ritual. He buys his Salem News at his favorite store in Topsfield, Gil's Grocery on Main Street, and checks out the "I Beat Burt" contest entry blank. By midweek he starts plotting the weekend.
The Cleveland Browns are winless, 0-9 for the first time in this version of the franchise's history. Now they must play on a short week at their hated rival, the Ravens — who used to be the Browns before fleeing to Baltimore in 1996.
Check out our series of podcasts on topics from high school football to Halloween in Salem.
This Week's Circulars
- Beverly residents say Depot II plans are too big
- Depot Square Phase II opposition turns out
- Judge seals entire file in pending child rape case
- Peabody high finalists to answer the call
- Peabody school chief rates herself 'proficient'
- Modern Marvels: Peabody High's top male and female athletes of the 21st century ... so far
- New look for Beverly water tower
- Habitat's ReStore may soon get OK to expand in Peabody
- WHAT IN TAR-NATION?
- ATG being sold to as-yet-unknown buyer