This interactive map depicts the number of unintentional opioid overdose deaths that took place in Essex County from 2000 to 2014. Use the sliding scale on the top left side to select a year. Check or uncheck the boxes next to each city and town's name to filter your results. In this map, "opioid" refers to heroin, opioid-based prescription painkillers (such as OxyContin), and other unspecified opiates. Data for 2014 is from January to September only.
Source: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Check out our series of podcasts on topics from high school football to Halloween in Salem.
This Week's Circulars
- Beverly residents say Depot II plans are too big
- Peabody high finalists to answer the call
- Depot Square Phase II opposition turns out
- Judge seals entire file in pending child rape case
- Peabody school chief rates herself 'proficient'
- Modern Marvels: Peabody High's top male and female athletes of the 21st century ... so far
- New look for Beverly water tower
- Habitat's ReStore may soon get OK to expand in Peabody
- ATG being sold to as-yet-unknown buyer
- WHAT IN TAR-NATION?