Whether you are changing addresses, moving an elderly parent, liquidating an estate, or are simply in need of some basic organization, why not make things easier and hire a professional? Women on The Move, a leading moving company and so much more, has overseen and facilitated more than 900 moves over the past eight years. And while they are based right here in Marblehead, this immensely successful company has grand plans for expansion, says owner and CEO Annmarie Linnane.

“Women on The Move, ‘Your Architects of Moving’, has had an extraordinary year. Our business has basically doubled in large part thanks to referrals that have taken us far beyond the North Shore. Our strategy for 2019 is growth into Boston and potentially as far as California,” she says. “One thing that I have found is that people are beginning to understand what we do. We are not your average movers. Only 10% of what we do is heavy lifting and hauling. The other 90% of the package is prepping, purging, downsizing, and unpacking. With our experience, we can accomplish in 72 hours, what the average person needs months to complete.”

In addition to packing and providing all of the recyclable boxes and materials, Linnane’s crew will provide liaison with haulers, cleaning companies, junk removers, and estate sale experts. And because moving is not always celebratory, Linnane explains how she and her team can be an invaluable resource to grieving families. “When you are suddenly confronted with the overwhelming task of what to do with a lifetime of accumulation, we can step in and deal with the logistics of liquidation. With simple kindness and an undefinable sense of calm and order, Women on The Move will deliver a thoughtful process.”

Aside from the aforementioned services, this innovative company will also work side by side with your realtor to ensure that your home is ready for market and in a quick and efficient manner. They will then return after the sale to complete the packing in time for the closing and to manage the transition to your new residence.

All 15 experienced staff members are bonded, highly insured, and meticulously trained. For more information on the long list of impeccable services offered by Women on The Move, or to get a free estimate, call 781-631-7588 or visit www.womenonthemovellc.com .

“Dear Annmarie and team,

I cannot thank you enough for the truly spectacular job you did in unpacking and organizing me. Thank you to both you and Theresa for taking the time to see my townhouse and then also visit Ken’s house. Joyce and Adair did a great job of unpacking and organizing the kitchen. I honestly could not have done it without them. They took their time and methodically unpacked everything and found the best place for the items. My kitchen is now a place of calm and joy.

Natalie did an amazing job with my closet. She was calm and not stressed and unpacked and organized everything. My closet looks incredible. She was a godsend!! Everything fit!!


I have recommended you to a number of people including Heather Wagner (also lives in Marblehead) and she designed my closet. Heather works for New England Closets and she said she is going to recommend “Women on The Move” to her clients.


I wish you all a wonderful holiday season. Ken’s house is truly beautiful now and we feel very blessed.


All the best,

C “

Recommended for you