Recent data shows that two out of three Salem households spend more than 30 percent of their income on housing costs. And of these households, half reported spending more than 50 percent of their income on housing, creating a severe financial burden for many families. Similar statistics are found across the region. Where do you find yourself in this housing crisis? How much of your income pays for housing?
Read more about this year's high school graduates on the North Shore in our special Salute to Seniors section.
Check out our series of podcasts on topics from high school football to Halloween in Salem.
This Week's Circulars
- Illness shortens Crosby's Cabot show
- Support, questions follow restaurant's posting of anti-gay letter
- Abuse reported at Brentwood nursing home
- Suspect sought in Sunday night shooting in Salem
- Beloved Ipswich track, football coach Spellman remembered as loyal and dedicated to his student-athletes
- Second cable provider coming to Peabody
- Plenty to cheer about at Salem High School
- Artist shanties get the boot in Newburyport
- Company files plans for 'Depot Two' project
- Pacifico leaving Salem High after just three months