SALEM — Maureen Kidney was discharged from North Shore Medical Center Tuesday morning with a second shot at life. Now, her first mission is to meet her two angels.

Kidney and NSMC are looking for help from the public to find a pair of good Samaritans who saved her life on the side of Highland Avenue on Thursday, May 30. The incident took place at about 4 p.m.

It was there that Kidney, a 76-year-old Lynn woman who had just left the hospital to pick up a friend, went into cardiac arrest.

"I came to the Salem Hospital to pick Kathy up," Kidney said Tuesday, from her seventh-floor hospital room. "I was driving on Highland Avenue, and the next thing I knew, I woke up here. ... How many days later, Kathy?"

Kathleen Savage, a 73-year-old Lynn resident, was riding shotgun in Kidney's car when they were approaching some traffic lights by North Shore Physicians Group at 400 Highland Ave.

"She was slowing up to come to the lights on Highland Avenue, and she went into ... I thought it was a seizure," Savage said. "It was a complete shaking, shaking ... and it was horrific."

Savage said she grabbed the steering wheel as, thankfully, Kidney pressed down on the car's brake pedal. Kidney's head started leaning back as Savage reached for her phone and tried calling 911.

"I was so shook up that I took my phone out and tried to dial, but nothing was happening," Savage said. "Then this woman came out of nowhere and said, 'Is this an emergency?'"

Meet angel No. 1, a woman who called 911 and immediately started administering CPR. She had to lean the driver's seat back and start chest compressions there. Eventually, Kidney was moved out onto the paved Highland Avenue surface to continue CPR.

Then there was angel No. 2 — a woman, a nurse, with blond hair, accompanied by two sons who were police officers. They focused on helping Kathy, who was panicking.

"I was so nervous. I couldn't comprehend the whole thing, and this woman came up and said, 'I'm a nurse,'" Savage said. "The woman who said she was a nurse came with two sons who were police officers. They tried calming me down and said, 'Would you like me to call help for you?'" They also helped with crowd control at the scene.

In time, paramedics would arrive and rush Kidney to North Shore Medical Center. It was there that the women would learn that the CPR and quick thinking from their angels was responsible for Kidney pulling through.

Kidney was discharged Tuesday with a defibrillator in her chest and an order not to drive for six months. Beyond that, she feels fine, she explained. Savage, meanwhile, left with her friend still in hand.

"Thank God they were there to help — the EMTs, the good Samaritans," Kidney said. "I'm just so thankful to them, and if they can get in touch with us, I would like to thank them in person."

But Kidney doesn't know who they are. They have no names, no towns to begin their search. They know the two sons work for the same police department, but they don't know which one.

Anyone with more information can contact North Shore Medical Center at 978-354-2060.