Officers were sent to Cabot and Charnock streets, at 7:10 p.m., for a man who had passed out on the ground. He was extremely intoxicated and could not stand on his own. The man, who had urinated on himself and smelled strongly of alcohol, thought he was in Newburyport. He was transported by ambulance to Beverly hospital.

Police and fire were called, at 8:30 p.m., to 327 Rantoul St., for a strange odor. They were unable to locate any hazardous conditions.

At 9:30 p.m., officers stopped a vehicle in the vicinity of 525 Cabot St. The juvenile operator was issued a court summons for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. His parents picked him up, along with the vehicle.


Police and fire units and an ambulance were dispatched, at 1:14 a.m., to 5 Beverly Commons Drive for a report of water flowing from an upstairs apartment.  A resident had fallen asleep and left the water running. All responders cleared after it was determined that no services were needed.

Officers were dispatched, at 9:10 a.m., to 461 Rantoul St., for an unwanted guest. The female was transported to her mother’s residence. As the female has drug and alcohol issues, her mother was advised of steps she could take to get help.

An officer was dispatched, at 11:55 a.m., to 191 Cabot St., for a case of fraud with an automobile credit card.

Police were called to 14 Myrtle St., at 4:05 p.m., for a past larceny from the building.

Between 5 p.m., and midnight Tuesday, eleven verbal warnings were issued for various motor vehicle offenses at various locations around the city.

Between 6:30 a.m., and 4 p.m., Wednesday, four verbal warnings and ten written warnings were issued for various motor vehicle offenses at various locations around the city.



Police and fire units responded, at 10 a.m., to Ocean Avenue, after a passerby reported a strong odor of natural gas near the center of the causeway. Police confirmed the odor and National Grid was notified and took over the scene upon their arrival.

Police made a motor-vehicle stop, at 1:25 p.m., in the vicinity of Pleasant and Gerry streets. After a brief investigation, they arrested a 37-year-old Marblehead woman and charged her on an outstanding non-marblehead warrant.

“Sylvester” came in to the station at 2:20 p.m., to report receiving a scam phone call from 781-602-886. The caller tried to get him to say “Yes,” which he does not believe he did. He knew it was a scam.

Police, fire and emergency services responded, at 11:20 p.m., to a Lincoln Avenue address, for an overdose by a 25-year-old male, called in by a friend. The patient was transported to Salem Hospital. He was conscious and alert in the ambulance.



Stop & Shop Supermarket, 19 Howley St., notified police, at 3:40 p.m. they had apprehended a shoplifter who had taken merchandise worth more than $200.  The officer reported only $20 worth of goods was actually stolen. The store will handle the matter internally.

Police were called to the Peabody Library, 82 Main St., at 4:50 p.m., after a woman reported her pocketbook, containing a credit union card, was stolen while she was working on a computer. The officer checked with the credit union and determined her account had not been compromised.

An officer went to 64 Lowell St., at 4:47 p.m., to report a case of fraud and identity theft.

A party from Wood Trucking, 13 Lakeland Park Drive, reported, at 5 p.m., that a vehicle he reported stolen on Feb. 13 was back today, at the rear of his lot.

A Rainbow Circle woman called at 5:20 p.m., to report her unlocked car was entered last night. She said a Coach pocketbook and several algebra books, as well as an antique Buck Knife were taken from the unlocked vehicle.

A 45 Washington St. woman reported, at 8:20 p.m., that a package containing $200 worth of summer clothing was taken after being delivered.


Officers responding, at 12:25 a.m., to a motor vehicle accident on the ramp from Route 1 to Lowell St., arrested Kevin T. McCarthy, 45, of 71 Lovett St., Beverly. He was charged with drunken driving and with negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

An officer was sent to 50 Mt. Vernon St., at 12:45 a.m., after the landlord reported hearing lots of noise that sounded like fighting on the second floor of the building. The dispute was verbal.

Police and ambulance responded, just before 1 p.m., to Santarpio’s Pizza, 71 Newbury St., on the report of a male who had fallen to the ground. People on scene were doing chest compressions, and the officers believed it to be an overdose and notified CID. The patient was transported, via Ambulance, to Union Hospital.



Police arrested Juan Mora, 28, of 330 Paradise Road, Swampscott, and 100 Empire St., Lynn, following a drug investigation, at 6 New Ocean St. Detectives had gotten information that a drug transaction was being conducted in the parking lot at that address, and they arrested Mora nearby following the suspected sale of drugs in the parking lot. Detectives stopped Mora as he exited his vehicle in the parking lot at 330 Paradise Road. After a brief struggle, they subdued Mora and located approximately 14.8 grams (one-half ounce) of a suspected Class A drug, heroin. They also seized $1,193 in cash and two cell phones. Mora was charged with possession of a Class A drug, heroin, and possession of a Class A drug, heroin, with intent to distribute. He was held without bail and will be arraigned in Lynn District court. Swampscott detectives were assisted by Sgt. Thomas Hennessey, Officers Tom Lucas and Justin Bragen, and Salem Sgt. Robert Lubas and his dog Axel.



Police went to the vicinity of Salem Street, at 6:40 p.m., for a report an a past assault.


Officers were dispatched, at 12:10 a.m., to Lifebridge, 56 Margin St., for a female causing a problem. The officers spoke with Cassie, who was in the process of packing up her belongings. She said there were no issues except she was upset at the staff asking her to leave. She gathered all her belongings and left without incident, after being checked and found negative for warrants.

At 1:53 a.m. unmarked Unit 23 was driving on Washington Street at Essex when it was passed by a black Jeep going 46 in a 25 mph zone. The Jeep was stopped at 152 Washington St., and the operator was found to be driving on a revoked license. He will be summonsed to court for driving on a revoked license and speeding.

Police were sent to the Bank of America ATM, 227 Highland Ave., at 5:39 a.m., for a person whose card was stuck in the ATM. The man said he had gone to the bank to check his balance,, but the ATM did not return it to him. He called the number on the ATM, but there was no answer. He said he went back to his apartment at 12 First St., from which he can see the ATM through his window. He saw someone inside, the ATM so he ran back over, but they were gone. The officer was able to get inside and check the ATM, but did not see the card. The man said he would call the bank when they open and try to retrieve his card.

Police responded, at 10:41 a.m., to 21 Trader’s Way, for a shoplifter.

Officers topped a motor vehicle, at 12:15 p.m., in the vicinity of 9 Cloutman St., for moving violations. They arrested the driver, Luis Braude, 28, of 31 Park St., Apt. 2, Salem. He was charged with a marked lanes violation; failure to stop or yield; unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle; speeding, reckless operation of a motor vehicle; and refusing to identify himself to police.

Police were sent to the vicinity of 56 Federal St., at 1 p.m., for a disturbance. They arrested Kyle Kenneth Harris-Dolan, 25, homeless of Salem. He was charged with malicious destruction of property greater than $250.



Police were called to 47 Abington Road, at 8:10 p.m., for the report of an unwanted guest. The officer reported the Comcast salesman left before he arrived.


Police were called to 30 Hobart St., at 12:35 p.m., to take a report on a fraud case.

Officers went to the vicinity of Danvers Coin & Jewelry, 42 Maple St., for a report of a loud group of kids. The kids were dispersed.

Officers were dispatched, at 4:25 p.m., to Kohl’s, 50 Independence Way, for a shoplifter caught trying to steal a $120 phone case. The suspect was summonsed to court.