Police, fire and ambulance were sent to the intersection of Humphrey Street and Charlotte Road, at 8 a.m., for a two-vehicle accident. There were no injuries and one vehicle was towed.

Police were dispatched to the rail trail in the vicinity of West Shore Drive, at 9 a.m., for an elderly woman seen driving a two-person Smartcar on the Rail Trail. The vehicle was seen exiting onto West Shore Drive, but its direction of travel was uncertain. The Water & Sewer Department called a few minutes later to advise that the woman was there paying her bill. An officer was sent to the scene, where he determined the woman was not impaired. She was, however, advised on her driving and possible future consequences.

A Pleasant Street woman called police, at 9:15 a.m., to report that her plants and lawn ornaments had been vandalized.

A Jersey Street woman came to the station and reported she had hired a carpenter. She said she paid him $500, and he was supposed to show up today to complete the work, but he has not and she has been unable to contact him. She asked to file a report and be advised regarding her options.

A woman called police at 1:30 p.m., to report that a vehicle was parked in her deeded spot on State Street.  Dispatch called the vehicle owner and left a message. The vehicle owner was advised to contact the parking space owner, as there is an active tow letter on file with police.

A Birch Street woman called police, at 3:50 p.m., to report that she had just seen two males checking out houses on the street. One went up to a house and looked in the window without ever knocking. They seemed to be together, but passed each other without talking. Sgt. Conrad arrived on the scene and watched one of the men, before speaking to him. The man told the officer he was from Anderson Street and were looking for their missing cat.

Police were called to Humphrey Street, at 4 p.m., for a school fight.

A Ralph Road woman came into the station at 4 p.m., to report she had been scammed into buying four gift cards.

A Humphrey Street resident came into the station, at 4:05 p.m., and reported that her identification had been stolen.

A park and recreation supervisor reported to police, at 4:30 p.m., that he had seen a red Ford pickup truck drive up on the grass and drop a lacrosse net on the field. He spoke with the driver who gave him a hard time. An officer was sent to the scene and determined that no damage had been done to the field. At 5 p.m., the supervisor called police to report that the man had called him twice since the officer left. He said he was mad because the supervisor had upset his child, and he wanted to meet him and speak to him about it. The supervisor said he declined the invitation and hung up.

A visibly upset man came into the station at 7:50 and asked to speak with an officer. He told the officer he had been driving home along the Lynnway when he nearly hit a woman. He said she was nowhere near a crosswalk and had just walked out in front of him. He told the officer he would have felt awful had he hit her and was just "looking to vent" and for advice. The officer listened to him and offered some advice.

A driver called, at 9:55 p.m., to report that he was driving through the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Greystone Road when his car hit a loose water gate, which damaged his tire and ruined his rims. His car was towed and the gate box was repaired.


A Green Street woman called police, at 12:15 a.m., to report she is getting threatening calls from two females with whom she used to be friends.



Police and an ambulance were sent to a Hale Street location, at 4:50 p.m., for a child stung by bees.

Police and an ambulance were sent to an Essex Street location, at 6:40 p.m., for a woman on the floor. She was determined to be deceased.

Police and fire were sent to the Beach Street pumping station, at 7:15 p.m., for possible smoke.

Three cruisers were sent to the intersection of Colon and Heather streets, at 9:05 p.m., for a male yelling at cars going by.

Two units were dispatched, at 10:20 p.m., to the intersection of Butman and Bisson streets, for a male yelling in the street.

Police were sent to 434 Rantoul St., at 10:25 p.m., to speak with a person who said he had been assaulted.


Officers were sent to Sohier Road, at noon to investigate reports of students purchasing alcohol in Lynn.

Officers were dispatched, at 1:15 p.m. to make a well-being check at a 501 Manor Road address.

Police were called to Elliott Street and Cressy Avenue, at 1:45 p.m., for a child out of control.



Police were called to 30 Granite St., at 4:45 p.m. after a caller reported a white, heavy-set male with a knife making threats in the yard of 30-32 Granite. The officer spoke with the man, who was upset but he did not have a knife. All was in order at that time.

A resident of 18 Hingston St., reported to police, at 5:40 p.m., that someone had stolen $300 worth of DeWalt screws from the bed of his pickup.

Police stopped a vehicle in the vicinity of the intersection of Forest and Coleman streets at 7:50 p.m. The vehicle was towed and the operator, a resident of Garden Road, Peabody, was summoned to court on charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle; failure to stop or yield; and speeding at a rate exceeding the posted limit.

Officers were sent to Peabody Music Box, 80 Main St., at 10:25 p.m. for an assault and battery. A male had called to report that his girlfriend had just been beaten up by a 6-foot male who lives on Mill Street. The victim and her boyfriend were transported to Salem Hospital by EMS and the officer made contact with Michel and will document.


A cruiser was sent to the Big Y Plaza., 637 Lowell St., at 5:10 a.m., for the report of a woman slumped over the wheel of her car.  She was waiting for the Post Office to open.

Police responded to Pink, at 1:25 p.m., in the Northshore Mall for a past shoplifting of merchandise valued at more than $3,000. Eighty-four pair of yoga pants, valued at $39.95 each, were taken for a total of $3,355.80.



Officers were called to 282 Canal St., at 4:10 p.m., for a motor vehicle hit and run.

The report of a motor vehicle accident without injuries brought officers to the intersection of Greenway Road and Highland Avenue, at 4:15 p.m. 

Police were sent to Dunkin Donuts, 68 Boston St., at 5:25 p.m., for a larceny.

Police stopped a vehicle at 5:40 p.m., in the vicinity of 72 Loring Ave., on a motor vehicle traffic stop. After a brief investigation, they arrested Michael M. Burns, 36, of 19 Walnut Place, Revere. He was charged with a marked lanes violation and with operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license, subsequent offense.

Officers were called to 2 Geneva St., at 5:55 p.m., for a past assault.

An officer was dispatched, at 7:15 p.m., to 2 Paul Ave., for the report of a fraud or a scam.

Police were sent to 47 Memorial Drive, at 8 p.m. on a report of vandalism or graffiti.

Police who were sent to 59 Loring Ave., at 10:40 p.m., for a well-being check, arrested Jannelle Krystle Dumas, 25, of 106 Broadway St., Salem. She was charged with possession of a Class A drug, subsequent offense; and with possession of a Class B drug, subsequent offense.


Police responded to two motor vehicle accidents without injuries in less than 10 minutes. They were called to 312 Lafayette St., at 8:50 a.m., and to 66 Marlborough Road, at 8:57 a.m.

Police were called to the Post Office, 2 Margin St., at 11:25 a.m., for a larceny.

The report of a past assault brought officers to 8 Peter Road, at 3:45 p.m.

Police were sent to 540 Loring Ave., at 3:50  p.m., for a motor vehicle accident without injuries.

























Recommended for you