A caller reported from Gerald Road that a man was sitting in his Ford Explorer talking on his phone in front of #33. The caller said he was unfamiliar with the neighborhood. An officer reported the car was parked legally, and the man was talking on his phone. 

A caller reported from Tedesco and West streets that the operator of a gray Mercedes was driving slowly while talking on a cell phone and was heading into Swampscott. 

A Charlotte Road resident notified police at 11:15 p.m. He had gotten a notice from a collection agency regarding an account he never opened. An officer spoke with the agency.

A man called police, at 11:40 a.m., from CVS and told police he had just been scammed for $395.11 by someone claiming to be from National Grid. He said they talked him through the process of buying money cards, then sending them the numbers.They just called back, he said, and told him they needed $100 more. At this point, the man told police, he realized it was a scam. He did not send them the additional $100, and now he just wants to file a report.

Salem and Marblehead harbormasters reported, at 11:55 a.m., finding an unmanned but fully-rigged windsurfer at the mouth of the harbor. The owners of the windsurfer were located on a catamaran. The harbormaster spoke with them about why they just left it floating free.

Police, fire and an ambulance were sent to Marblehead Harbor, at 3 p.m., to assist a man in getting off the vessel Capella, a white, 40-foot, two-masted yawl. He was assisted off the boat and was transported to the hospital.

Police were sent to a Beacon Street address on a 911 hangup. The party called back and requested a ride home. When police asked his location, he became belligerent and started swearing. An officer was sent to the address. Police attempted to find his sister to take custody of him. He was taken into protective custody and transported to the station. He was placed in a cell at about 6:30 p.m. At about 8:30, the matron reported he was banging his head on the cell's door. He was moved to Cell 2 after he flooded the first cell by stuffing the drains with his blanket and pillow. A few minutes later, he used his shirt to block the drain and flood Cell 2. The matron reported that he was saying he was going to kill himself and was sticking his head into the water. By 10 p.m., he had successfully flooded three cells. At 6:10 ia.m., the 29-year-old Boston man had sobered up and was released. No charges appear to have been filed.

A youth came in with his father, at 7 p.m., to get his bike police had been holding for 15 days. The bike was not in the garage, but may be in another room to which officers have no access. The father was advised of the situation and was given a supervisor's voice mail.

Police were sent to Bayview Road at 9:30 p.m., where they arrested a 48-year-old man on a non-Marblehead warrant. The prisoner was released after his mother brought in the $40 bond fee.


A woman called police at 3:20 a.m. from Broughton Road and said she came home to find a person she knew asleep on her lawn. She confronted him and asked him to leave, but, instead, he got up and chased her. She and her family went inside the residence, but she was unsure whether he was still in the area. An officer located the man in his truck at the Broughton Road lot. With the permission of the family, he was allowed to remain there.



Police were sent to the vicinity of the Welch School, 50 Swampscott Ave., for a suspicious male hitting himself and acting strangely. He was transported to Lahey-North.

An officer responded, at 4:50 p.m., to Kelly's Square Pub II, 135 Washington St., to a call from a party who had been victimized in a craigslist apartment scam. The officer documented the incident..

A caller from 42 Downing Road told police, at 7:20 p.m. that some $300 to $400 had been taken from the home.

A caller from C & C Lobster, 297 Lynn St., notified police, at 7:35 p.m., that a city tree had fallen and damaged a car. The Forestry Department came and removed some of the limb and coned off the rest of the area. They will return in the morning to finish the job.

Police were sent to 85 Gardner St., at 8:50 p.m., after a passerby reported a fight in progress. Reportedly, one of the parties told the other to "take a shot." One of the parties, wearing a white tank top, left the area. The officer said the fight was verbal only. The resident was upset because the other party stepped on his property.

A Woodlawn Avenue woman called police, at 9:20 p.m., to report that the defendant on a restraining order had called her twice and said he was on his way up from New Jersey to shoot her and her fiance in the head. A summons was issued for the arrest of the 43-year-old Peabody man on two counts of threatening to commit a crime and two counts of violating an abuse prevention order.


An officer stopped a vehicle at 2:15 p.m., in the vicinity of Down River Ice Cream, 86 Andover St. They arrested the operator, James Varelas, 63, of 7 Bragg St., Peabody, and charged him with operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license.

A man called police at 5 a.m., from 4 Evergreen Way, to report he brought a female home from Kings Inn in Revere and now she won't leave. She left without incident when the officer arrived.

Officers went to a Martin Circle address, at 7:40 a.m., for an elderly woman who said her husband had not returned from his walk. The officer determined that the husband was not missing, but was previously deceased. Elder Affairs was notified and advised there was a mental health issue. The woman declined medical treatment, but was asking for her son. Police contacted him but he was unable to leave work.

A caller notified police, at 9:15 p.m., from the Century House Restaurant, of an elderly woman hunched over her walker along Route 114. The officer reported the woman is an Andover Street resident just out for a walk. She was fine.

An officer was called to a Keys Drive apartment, at 12 p.m., to check a resident's apartment for electronic "bugs." The officer checked as thoroughly as he could, but found nothing. The caller will be taking himself to the hospital.

An officer was sent to 24 Fulton St. for a larceny after a woman called to say money had been stolen from her checking account. She told him a box of her checks had been taken sometime last week.

A woman called police, at 1:20 p.m., from the bike path in the vicinity of Crystal Lake and Russell Street, for a suspicious bald man wearing black jeans, black boots and a gray shirt, asking if she comes here often and commenting on how attractive she is. He was gone before the officer arrived.



Two units were called to the former Briscoe Middle School, 7 Sohier Road, for vandalism/malicious destruction, entry possibly gained.

Officers were sent to 498 Rantoul St., at 5:45 p.m., to disperse a group.

An officer was sent to 75 Brimbal Ave., at 8:15 p.m., to take a report for a simple assault.

Officers were dispatched, at 8:50 p.m., to 498 Rantoul St. for two intoxicated juveniles in the lot.

Police stopped a bicycle, at 11:20 p.m. of in the vicinity of 393 Cabot St., for operating without a headlight/tail light.


Officers were sent to the vicinity of 128 North and Exit 19, at 2 a.m., for a male in dark clothing walking on the highway.

A 50 Colon St. resident called police, at 2:25 a.m., for the break and entry to a truck, and an ex-boyfriend inside the house. Responding officers arrested Norris Armando Ramos, 23, of 19 Charnock St., Beverly, and charged him with breaking and entering in the nighttime for a felony.

Officers were called to Elliott and Rantoul streets, at 11:25 a.m., for the report of juveniles possibly fighting.

Police were called to 24 Mechanic St., at 12:20 p.m., for a general disturbance.

Police and ambulance responded at 1:45 p.m., for a motor-vehicle accident with property damage.

The report of a case of identity theft and fraud brought police to 247 Lothrop St. at 2:20 p.m.

A disturbance between neighbors brought police to 102 Elliott St. and Galloupe Avenue at 4:20 p.m.

An officer was sent to 230 Elliott St., for a male harassing a young female.

Police, fire and an ambulance were dispatched at 4:25 p.m., to 40 Railroad Ave., at the request of the N.S. Physicians Group to conduct a well-being check on a patient. The person was transported to Beverly Hospital.



An officer was sent to 61 Mason St., at 5 p.m., for fireworks.

A motor-vehicle hit-and-run brought officers to the intersection of Bridge and Pearl streets, at 5:25 p.m.

Officers were sent to 38 Peabody St., at 5:35 p.m., for the report of a missing adult.

Police arrested a Salem man at 6:30 p.m., after a motor vehicle traffic stop in the vicinity of 282 Washington St. They arrested Denny Valerio Ortiz-Guerrero, 44, of 23 Summer St., Apt. 2, Salem. He was charged with identity fraud; unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and forging or misusing a Registry of Motor Vehicles document.

The report of a suspicious person or motor vehicle brought officers to 203 Canal St., at 7:50 p.m.

Officers were sent to 252 Bridge St., at 9:10 p.m., for a larceny.


Police stopped a driver at 1:25 a.m., in the vicinity of 125 Canal St., on a motor-vehicle traffic stop. After a records check, they arrested a homeless 27-year-old Gloucester man on an outstanding warrant.

Police were called to 70 Winter Island Road, at 7:50 a.m., for a trespasser.

A past assault brought offices to a Washington St. address at 9:20 a.m., where they arrested a man in a domestic violence case.

Officers were called to 330 Lafayette St., at 11:25 a.m., after a complaint was made about drug offenses.

Police responded, at 2:30 p.m., to the intersection of Bridge and Boston streets, for a motor vehicle accident with airbag deployment and possible injuries.

A report of an undesirable or unwanted guest brought officers to 1 Raymond Road, at 2:55 p.m.,where they arrested Edwin J. Calderon, 27, of 8 Raymond Road, right-side apartment, Salem. He was charged with breaking and entering in the daytime for a felony; and with putting a person in fear.