A caller advised police, at 6:10 p.m., from Brooks Brothers, at the Northshore Mall, that another female, whom she believes to have been stalking her, had jumped into her Uber, a blue Ford truck, and was going back to her residence. The caller told police that if she comes into contact with that female again, she will stab and or shoot her and her entire family. Officers took the caller into custody for disorderly conduct, then drove to her residence at 100 Tremont St., but no Uber had arrived and there were had been no issues. Officers spoke with a sister who said they believe it to be a mental health issue. Leanne Rodriguez, 22, of 100 Tremont St., Apt. 2, Peabody, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

Officers were sent to 5 Buttonwood Lane, at 7:45 p.m., for a car into a utility pole. There was airbag deployment but no entrapment, and the operator was alert, oriented and declined medical assistance. The crash appeared to have resulted from icy conditions. The vehicle was towed and the Peabody woman was summonsed to court for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.

An officer was sent to Gregory's Lounge, 50 Walnut St., at 8:50 p.m., for a party causing a disturbance at the bar. When the officer arrived, the party left with him without incident, and the officer gave him a ride home to Foster Street.


Police notified the DPW at 1 a.m., that streets were getting slippery and asked them to start putting down sand.

A caller told police, at 1:30 a.m., he could hear something like gunshots coming from the Littles Lane the area. He said it sounded different from fireworks. An officer checked the area but found nothing. Officers also heard the same noise and it sounded like a transformer starting to blow. There were no further calls.

Officers were dispatched to Karl's Sausage Kitchen, 1 Bourbon St., at 8:10 a.m., to serve two warrants on a Peabody man for motor vehicle infractions. The man was arrested on the two Peabody warrants.

A man came into the station, at 9:50 a.m., to report that his vehicle was hit by a M&R Trucking vehicle while parked at Wood Trucking. He said Wood Trucking has video of the accident, but refused to turn it over. An officer went to Wood Trucking and spoke with the owner, who said he had spoken with the vehicle owner and told him he would repair his vehicle.

Police were called to Macy's at the Northshore Mall at 10:30 a.m., and directed to the parking lot between Macy's and Barnes and Noble. An officer there had in custody a male who had been exposing himself. Police arrested Stephen I. Golditch, 72, of 1 Keys Drive, Apt. 1, Peabody, and charged him with open and gross lewdness.

A caller from Rudy's Towing, 7 Webster St., told police, at 1:15 p.m., that a customer's car had been vandalized. The officer said one window had been broken by a hammer.



Officers were sent to the vicinity of 479 Cabot St., at 7:25 p.m., for a single-car accident with property damage.

An officer was sent to the intersection of Federal and Chase streets to assist a driver who was stuck on a hill.

Officers were sent to 14 Swan St., at 11:10 p.m., for two men who kept yelling outside.


Three cruisers were sent to 806 Manor Road, at 1:15 a.m., for a disturbance caused by a house party.

Police were sent to Hilltop Drive, at 3:40  a.m., to speak with a man who said people were following him.

An officer was sent to the intersection of LP Henderson Road and Sam Fonzo Drive, to assist a driver whose vehicle had slid off the road.

An officer went to 221 Cabot St., at 11:30 a.m., to take a report on an assault at dinner last night.

Two officers were dispatched, at 12:45 p.m., to Cabot and Conant streets for a two-car accident with property damage.

Police were called to 112 Elliott St., at 1:30 p.m., to speak with teenagers blocking the drive-thru lane.



A caller advised police, at 8:10 a.m., that she had just passed a bus at Elm and Mugford streets with the "Call Police" sign flashing. She thinks the driver may have hit the switch by accident as the driver did not look like he was in distress. Moments later an officer saw the bus near Miller Plaza and everything appeared to be OK.

An Atlantic Avenue resident advised police, at 11:15 a.m. that her vehicle had been entered sometime Sunday night and a car charger was taken. She said her husband found a Marshalls bag in the driveway and brought it in to dry off and to dry the receipt he found in it. She was unsure whether it had any relation to whoever entered the vehicle or if it had just been dropped there.

A Locust Street resident notified police, at 12:20 p.m., that someone had gone through her car, and the vehicle registration was missing.

A woman called police, at 3 p.m., to report she is being harassed by her neighbors and would like to get a harassment protection order against them as well as a  no-trespass letter. She said today the neighbor's dog came onto her property to do its business and when she saw what was going on, she tapped on the window and told the neighbor to keep her dogs off her property. Now, she said, she is being harassed via Facebook post.

A Lehman Road caller notified police, at 7:25 p.m., that her 2018 Audi was broken into last night. She said she had left the vehicle unlocked and it was undamaged, but a pair of sunglasses and a jacket were taken. She did not want to file a report, but if she finds other items missings, she will come in and speak with an officer.

The Fire Department was dispatched, at 8:40 p.m., to a Cliff Street address to extinguish a kitchen fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire and ventilated the house. An ambulance had been dispatched for a resident who had inhaled smoke, but she declined medical assistance.


A Middle Street resident called police, at 6:30 a.m., for the third time for phone numbers. He was told not to use the Police Department as a phone directory. He has been given the phone number of the Board of Health multiple times.



Police were sent to the intersection of Boston and Essex streets, at 5:05 p.m., for an accident involving a motor vehicle and a pedestrian after a 46-year-old Salem woman was hit by a vehicle in a crosswalk. The woman was transported to Salem Hospital for a possible broken leg; and the driver, a 27-year-old Salem man was cited for a crosswalk violation.

Officers were sent to 96 Swampscott Road, at 8:20 p.m., for a motor vehicle accident without injuries.

A motor vehicle accident without injuries brought police to 64 Boston St., at 11:05 p.m.


The Fire Department was sent to the vicinity of Hathorne Street and Hathorne Crescent at 2:15 a.m., for a vehicle fire caused by an electrical issue.

Police were called to Walgreen's, 29 New Derby St., at 9:15 p.m., for a trespasser.

Another motor vehicle without injuries brought officers to the intersection of Swampscott and Road and Highland Avenue at 11:40 a.m.

Officers were dispatched, at 11:50 a.m., to 117 Lafayette St., for a past assault.

The report of a fraud or a scam brought police to 31 Fairview Road, at 2:30 p.m.



A motor-vehicle accident brought police to the vicinity of 271 Paradise Road, at 8:20 a.m.

Officers were called to 219 Paradise Road, at 10:30 a.m., for a larceny.


An alarm brought officers to Santander Bank, 495 Paradise Road, at 1:50 a.m., but there was no issue.


Monday, Dec. 23

Police were sent to the vicinity of Cumberland Farms, South Main Street, just before 11 a.m., for a motor vehicle accident without personal injury

Tuesday, Dec. 24

An officer was dispatched to Maple Street, at 1:10 a.m., to assist Danvers in locating a missing person.

The sergeant mediated a dispute between a boyfriend and girlfriend at 2 p.m., at the Police Station.

At 2:25 p.m., the sergeant assisted a resident in retrieving a car from an ex-employee.

At 3:10 p.m., an officer assisted a motorist with a flat tire at the intersection of East and Locust streets.

Wednesday, Dec. 25

A complaint about an erratic operator was handed over to North Andover at the town line on North Main St.

Thursday, Dec. 26

An officer went to Angelica's Restaurant on South Main Street, at 2:50  p.m., for a suspicious vehicle. It was sent on its way.

An officer was called to Cumberland Farms, South Main St., at 5:10 p.m,  for a past motor-vehicle hit-and run.

An officer assisted a motorist with a disabled vehicle, at 11:25 p.m., at Dunkin Donuts on North Main St.

Friday, Dec. 27

An officer was sent to a North Main Street address, at 4:10 a.m., to keep the peace at a vehicle repossession. The vehicle was repossessed without issue.

A North Main Street resident  who called at 10:10 a.m., to report their vehicle missing was advised it had been repossessed.

The sergeant went to a Dansereau Place address at 11:30 a.m. to investigate a fraud or a scam

Saturday, Dec. 28

Police were called to Richardson's Dairy, South Main Street, at 4:55 p.m., to investigate suspicious noises but found nothing.

A Mill Street resident called police, at 6:45 a.m., to report gunshots in the woods.

Sunday, Dec. 29

A report of an erratic operator was passed on to North Andover at 4:30 a.m. at the town line on North Main Street.

A caller notified police, at 9:55 a.m., of aggressive dogs on North Main St.

An officer was sent to the vicinity of Market Basket, South Main St., at 11:40 a.m., for a motor-vehicle accident without personal injury.

At 3:05 p.m., an officer was sent to address a traffic hazard at East Street and Norma Way. The officer moved the hens out of the roadway.

Extra patrols were requested at 9:05 p.m., by the Ferncroft Country Club, Village Road, for suspicious persons in the area.



Police were sent to CVS, 1 Maple St., at 7:45 a.m. for suspicious activity involving a male wearing a red hat and sagging black pants. They arrested Nicholas Sotiropoulos, 18, of 1 Howe St., Ipswich. He was charged with carrying a firearm without a license; illegal possession of a knife; possession of a Class C drug; and receiving stolen property valued at less than $1,200.

Police were called to the Goodale Cemetery, 54 Buxton Road, at 8:40 a.m., for three gravestones that had been knocked over.

Officers were  sent to the vicinity of Cumberland Farms, 76 Newbury St., at 2:20 p.m., for a motor-vehicle accident without personal injury.



















Recommended for you