A parent called from Maple Street at 8:14 a.m., to complain that people were parking wherever they wanted and walking in the middle of the road into traffic. 

Police and an ambulance were called to Farrell Court at 9:53 a.m. for a mother, 74, who was having difficulty breathing. The woman was transported to North Shore Medical Center.

Police were called to Middle Street at 11:07 a.m. for a blue Volkswagen that was parked too far in the middle of the road. Police tagged the vehicle. 

At 11:39 a.m. an ambulance was called to Beverly Avenue by a woman who had arrived in town after not seeing her mother for the past four years. The woman told the police that her mother is dying and needs to go to Beverly Hospital. 

Police were called to West Shore Drive and Overlook Road at 11:35 a.m. by a woman who saw an elderly man in gray pajamas walking. She wanted police to check on him and said she would also return to the area later. When she returned, the caller told police she could not find him. Police spoke with the daughter of the elderly man and she stated that she received a phone call from a neighbor and picked him up. The daughter said it was normal for her dad to be out walking, especially in that area of town. 

A woman notified police from Commercial and Gregory streets that at around 4:50 p.m. on Tuesday she struck a concrete pillar on the corner of Red Frank and Commercial streets. She spoke with the owner of the pillar and said there is no damage to it. The woman told police that there was over $2,000 in damage to her car.

A Fader Place woman called at 12:02 p.m. to notify police that she had lost her quarter-inch bright gold wedding band, no inscription, behind the ball field at Bud Orne. The woman believes she lost it Wednesday night. 

Police were called from Atlantic Avenue at 1:47 p.m. for two house keys on a blue/clear/green bracelet bungee that were found in the parking lot. 



Police took a report of threats from a Palmer Street address at 4:15 a.m.

A past breaking and entering to an Essex Street building was reported at 9 a.m.

A suspicious item was found on Bridge Street at 11:05 a.m.

Threats were reported on Buffum Street at 2:34 p.m. 

A juvenile was reported missing from the Ruane Judicial Center at 4:05 p.m.

A larceny was reported on Northend Avenue at 6:36 p.m.

A larceny was reported from a business in the 400 block of Highland Avenue at 9:30 p.m. 

Shane Cautillo, 22, homeless, was arrested at 9:52 p.m. at a New Liberty Street address on a trespassing charge.


A fraud or scam was reported on Canal Street at 9:08 a.m.

A fraud or scam was reported on Naples Road at 9:37 a.m.

A past assault was reported at Salem High School at 10:52 a.m. 



A disgruntled customer was refusing to leave the drive-thru at Walgreens on Route 114 at 5:35 p.m. An officer spoke to the customer. 


Two men allegedly made off with $300 worth of sneakers from the TJ Maxx on Route 114 at 2:46 p.m. They fled in a car with Pennsylvania plates. 

Police stopped a car being driven on Central Street with no plates at 3:01 p.m. The driver worked for an auto body shop in Saugus and told officers that he was taking it to be re-painted, but forgot to put the repair plates on it. Police had the car towed. 

Recommended for you