DANVERS — A Boston man was arraigned yesterday on charges that he forced a 15-year-old girl he'd allegedly kidnapped to work as a prostitute for nearly two weeks in May, including at two Danvers motels.

Norman Barnes, 28, is already being held without bail on kidnapping and other charges lodged in four other counties.

Yesterday, he was in Salem District Court, where he pleaded not guilty to statutory rape, enticing a minor into prostitution and deriving support from prostitution of a minor. Judge Robert Brennan set bail at $100,000 cash, an amount already agreed to between Barnes' public defender and prosecutor Greg Friedholm.

The case came to light in May, when the girl's aunt flagged down a state police trooper working a private detail near the Best Western Adams Inn in Quincy, according to a police report by state police Sgt. Pi Heseltine.

The girl would later tell police that she had attended an art class and then spent the night with her sister. On the morning of May 8, she left to return to her home and met a girlfriend on the way. As they were walking to the train station, a car pulled up. The friend asked for a ride, and the driver, later identified by police as Barnes, agreed.

But after dropping off the friend, he failed to drop off the 15-year-old at the MBTA station as he'd offered, police said. Instead, she said he continued driving, telling her she was "really pretty" and asking her age. When she told him, he told her "she is about to be a woman" and "it's time to make money," according to the report.

The girl told investigators that she asked the man, who told her his name was "Shiz," to take her home.

Instead, they spent the following days traveling from hotel to hotel on the South Shore and North Shore in an old Jaguar. Barnes was armed with a folding knife, the girl told police.

Barnes allegedly put an ad on the "Backpages" website, offering the services of "Maria" for up to $150 an hour. Police later found that ad and saved a copy.

On the first day, the girl was forced to have sex with three men; on the second day, the two went to the Comfort Inn in Danvers, police said. There, eight men paid for sex with the girl, she told investigators.

The following night, they were at the Days Inn, where three more men allegedly paid to have sex with her. The next night, seven more men showed up, police said.

They left Danvers and ended up in a Ramada Inn in Dorchester, where it was the same scenario, according to the report.

Barnes also allegedly forced the teen to have sex with him three times, two of those times in Danvers.

Eventually, while at the Quincy Best Western on May 18, the girl told investigators that she woke up in the morning to find that Barnes had gone out.

She used the opportunity to go to the front desk and use a computer, where she logged onto Facebook and sent a message to her aunt asking her to come get her.

Her aunt and uncle arrived just as Barnes was returning.

When police arrested Barnes, he was carrying almost $20,000 in cash, money he claimed he was going to use to buy a car.

The girl was taken to a hospital.

Barnes is due back in court Aug. 22 for a status hearing in the case but is expected to face indictment, which would move the case to Superior Court.

Courts reporter Julie Manganis may be reached at 978-338-2521 or jmanganis@salemnews.com.