Police talked to youths at 3:32 p.m. for the second time in a week about fighting in front of Burger King on Rantoul Street. Police said if they had to come back again, court action would likely follow.

A number of tires were reportedly slashed along Duck Pond Road around 11:22 a.m. Two further incidents were reported within the next hour on Apple Road and Folly Pond Road.

A police officer will be mailing a citation to the driver of a car that went around the railroad crossing gates at 1:37 p.m. near Essex Street and lake Shore Avenue.



Roberto L. Menter, 30, of 68 Collins St., Apt. 1, Lynn, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery and violating an abuse-prevention order at 4:38 p.m. at Sears on Andover Street. Northshore Mall security saw a dispute between a man and woman in the parking lot, which resulted in the arrest of Menter.

Clara Mendez, 27, of 33 Witt St., Apt. 2, Lynn, was arrested and charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and failure to signal at 6:17 p.m. on Lynn Street.



A larceny was reported at 8:36 a.m. on Ash Street.

A van collided with a pole at 8:37 a.m. near Hobart Street.

A wallet was reportedly taken from inside a purse on Archmeadow Drive at 11:13 a.m.



Police will seek a warrant for multiple counts of violating a restraining order, following a call concerning a domestic dispute at 4:21 p.m. on Pope Street.

After an Eclipse Lane resident felt that visiting solicitors were being aggressive, she called police at 5:18 p.m. The solicitors left the area before police arrived.

Joseph Anderson, 18, of 9 Jacobs St., Peabody, was arrested and charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle at 10:56 p.m. near Washington and Mill streets.


George A. Anderson, 36, of 27 Ord St., Salem, was arrested at home and charged with three counts of domestic assault and battery, two counts of assault with intent to murder, two counts of intimidation of a witness, and one count of malicious damage to property over $250 at 5:20 a.m.

Domingo A. Madera, 70, homeless, was arrested and charged with violating a no-trespassing order on Lafayette Street at 8:47 a.m.

Following a domestic dispute, police will be seeking a warrant for an alleged assault and battery on Jefferson Avenue at 9:29 a.m.

A woman who was found with three items totaling $22.37 concealed in her large pocketbook was given a no-trespassing order from Market Basket on Highland Avenue. She was accused of stealing Axe and two bottles of cortisone.

The owner of a vacant third-floor apartment on Derby Street said the apartment was "trashed and there are signs of drug use" at 3:49 p.m. The owner asked his other tenants to alert him if they noticed anyone unfamiliar in the area. He also nailed the doors to the apartment shut to prevent unwanted entry.

A man confessed to spitting on the windows of the New England Magic Shop because of a dispute with the shop's owner and a member of his family at 4:11 p.m. on Essex Street. When he was caught, he told police he would not repeat his actions and was advised that if he did, the store owner could seek a harassment order against him.

A patron of a bar on Washington Square was angry because he was cut off by the bartender at 5:08 p.m. He said he wasn't drunk but had requested a third beer in an hour's period, which is not allowed under TIPS rules. When he was refused his third drink, the patron made a scene before calming down while talking to police.

A drunken man was told at 7:51 p.m. on Highland Avenue to stop repeatedly calling 911 for no reason while he was waiting for his wife. He listened, when his wife arrived to assist.



A Green Street Court resident made a variety of accusations about a fellow tenant who she said played loud music constantly and seemed to have knowledge of when she called the police. The incident was called in at 8:46 a.m. The resident who called police claimed the tenant in the building was "a very cunning woman, very brilliant and trained by Nazis," according to police reports. When police asked if the other tenant was playing the loud music during the phone call, the tenant said no because this neighbor knew she was on the phone with authorities somehow. When police arrived, the neighbor accused of playing the music was not home. The tenant called back later "whispering, saying (the tenant) is back and the music is on," police records said. Police went back, and no music was playing.

Trending Video

Recommended for you