State police investigating fatal Peabody accident

Traffic clogged Route 128 looking east from the Endicott Street bridge in Danvers. The traffic was the result of an accident on Route 128 near Route 95.KEN YUSZKUS/Staff photo

PEABODY — State police have identified the man killed in a three-car accident Monday afternoon on Route 128 South at the Route 95 split as William Choquette, 43, of Peabody. 

Choquette was operating a 1987 GMC flatbed tow truck hauling a car at the time of the incident, was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle when it rolled over, according to a State Police press release. 

In the initial report of the accident, it was said over the police scanner that the man entered a state of traumatic cardiac arrest after the crash.

He was given CPR at the scene and transported by Peabody EMS to North Shore Medical Center in Lynn, where he was then pronounced dead, according to the press release. 

His passenger, David Moise, 65, who had been trapped in the truck during the accident, was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital for serious injuries. 

State police responded to the accident, with its Collision Analysis and Reconstruction unit and Crime Scene Services team conducting an on-scene investigation into the cause. 

The investigation is ongoing, but police stated that preliminary information indicates the truck driver lost control, prompting the vehicle to roll over and hit two other cars in the process.

Luckenson Dorisca, of Randolph, was driving one of the other cars and was transported to Lahey Burlington, but only for minor injuries, as stated in the release. The third driver involved, Emilie Rey, was not injured in the crash.

All lanes of Route 128 South were closed for about 30 minutes, while the accident was being cleared and investigated, and at the time of the incident, police urged motorists near Forest Street to avoid the area.

The Massachusetts Department of Transportation provided support for the lane closures and the fire department also responded, remaining on location until the victims were cleared from the scene.

Reporter John Castelluccio also contributed to this story. Staff writer Amanda Ostuni can be reached at 978-338-2660 or

Trending Video

Recommended for you